- Link 1
- Link 2
Welcome to the ICR2 CART Racing wiki!
This wiki is a community project to cover all the information related to the racing simulation IndyCar Racing II (commonly referred to as “ICR2”), developed by Papyrus Design Group and originally released in 1995.
Over the years, the community has gained much knowledge about the gameplay, setup tips, and customizing and modding the game. As of 2017, the ICR2 community continues to support the game with an active forum and new mods, including a 2018 IndyCar carshape in development.
When completed, this wiki will cover the following:
- Background and history of ICR2 (including predecessor games Indianapolis 500: The Simulation and IndyCar Racing I)
- Installation of the game (updated for the latest generations of PC/Mac/Linux)
- Simulator options
- Taking screenshots and videos
- List of available carsets, tracks, etc.
- Game customization and modding (from the included Paintkit to more advanced editing, including discussions of the file structures and conversions from other Papyrus games)
- List of utilities and tools, as well as updated documentation on how to use them on a modern PC
- Troubleshooting and frequently asked questions
There is already much knowledge in the excellent ICR2 Complete Reference Book (“ICRTCR”) by Ton Fastwalker which was last updated in 2009. The wiki aims to build on that knowledge but will make reference to the book if the information therein is still accurate.