ICR2 - The Complete Reference book
Hi All,

A new version of the book is available from the first post in this thread.

/
Fastwalker
Hi, Fastwalker

Thanks for your work.
Here is description of gameopts.cfg
.rar   gameopts.rar (Size: 3.03 KB / Downloads: 36) . I've made it when test rain option of icr2. Maybe it will be usefull.

I have some comments for you Smiley

page 56
PIT
Value2: It's a point of track where pit road begins deviate from main track. AI switches from race.lp to pit.lp little before this point.
Value3: It's a point of track where is the end of pit road and main track deviation.
Value10: Beginning of the pitlane / speedlimit start.
Value11: End of pitlane / speedlimit end.
Value9: Less than 10, to prepare AI for pit behavior, I think.

THEAT
Value 1 - soft tire
Value 2 - medium tire
Value 3 - hard tire
Value 4 - rain tire
Value 5 - soft tire
Value 6 - medium tire
Value 7 - hard tire
Value 8 - rain tire

TCFF(TCFR)
Friction (grip) of front(rear) tires
dry conditions:
Value 1 - soft tire
Value 2 - medium tire
Value 3 - hard tire
Value 4 - rain tire
wet conditions:
Value 5 - soft tire
Value 6 - medium tire
Value 7 - hard tire
Value 8 - rain tire

TIRES(TIRE2)
This section come from Nascar 1 where only one tire compound is used. ICR2 has 4 compounds. Therefor Value 1 is ignored and game use TCFF and TCFR. Value 2 has been replaced with THEAT values.

I tried to change third and six values but don't notice any change of tire wear. I think game generate wear of the tires depending on compound, grip and heat.

Now about DOS4GW in XP. I always run Icr2 without DOS4GW in WinXP. I tried to use it but it gave me an error 1007: cannot find INDYCAR.EXE. So first line of bat-file with dos4gw is skiped and only "indycar.exe -h" is used.

What program are you use to extract cam and scr data? I want to test some options with camera views.

That's all for now
Pavel 69 Wrote:What program are you use to extract cam and scr data? I want to test some options with camera views.

That's all for now

Bankedit by BB&B I think.
Hi Pavel,

Thanks for your comments. I was little too busy with real life but will update the book whenever possible.

Reagrding camera tool I am using camedit, but also have been working on new program which is long time in prototype stage.

all the best,
Fastwalker.