Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indy2K9 Thread
Thanks, and have fun at the Indianapolis 500!
Right on time for some testruns!
IIRS Driver Champion (2005-2007, 2010-2014)
IIRS Team Champion (2004-2014)
Great work Shaggy...Thank You Very Much!

Where are your seats? Me and my crew are in the North Vista, Sec 30, Rows CC-DD, Seats 1 thru 5.

Be safe in your travels.

Boyle
One of my friends live in Indy and has seats in the Northeast Vista. I don't know the exact row and seat numbers. I'm just excited that I'm going to my first Indy 500.
My oldest son and I are going to the 500 this year too.

This will be my 5th Indy 500, over a span of 19 years. Smiley

I have been there for a lot of practice and qualifying days though, including a very cold pole day this year.

We are going to just go general admission, we will probably be on the viewing mound inside of turn two.

Looking forward to it, should be a great race.
Your first 500, huh? You're in for a treat. There's nothing like seeing the field rumble by on that first "parade lap". And the start...OH YEAH!

This will be my 14th straight. I still wear the same IRL "Inaugural Season" hat I brought in the Spring of '96; and I still get choked up when "Gomer" sings "Back Home Again...."

You're right Indyracer56, this should be a great race.

Go Marco!
boyle_spl Wrote:Your first 500, huh? You're in for a treat. There's nothing like seeing the field rumble by on that first "parade lap". And the start...OH YEAH!

This will be my 14th straight. I still wear the same IRL "Inaugural Season" hat I brought in the Spring of '96; and I still get choked up when "Gomer" sings "Back Home Again...."

You're right Indyracer56, this should be a great race.

Go Marco!

Go Marco? GO PT!!! I'll also be rooting for Graham and TK.

I've been humming "Back Home Again" as I've been packing.
Smiley
I hope one of you lucky spectators are still able to read this.

Just in case you are able to visit the Speedway museum, can you take a snapshot of Menard cars if they are there at all? Preferably a car from 1996, either Stewart, Dismore, Cheever, Brayton or Ongais.
Bazmeister Wrote:I hope one of you lucky spectators are still able to read this.

Just in case you are able to visit the Speedway museum, can you take a snapshot of Menard cars if they are there at all? Preferably a car from 1996, either Stewart, Dismore, Cheever, Brayton or Ongais.

I won't be going to the museum this year, but I know from past visits that they have never had a Menards IndyCar on display.

They pretty much just have race winning cars on display.

If you want to see the 1996 Menard's Team in action, check out the 1996 Pole Day video at indycar.com.

Just click on Vintage Races on the menu on the left.

http://indycar.neulion.com/indy/console.jsp
I was in the Pit Terrace right behind PT's pit, that was reallly coool. Tommy Kendall walked by and I yelled TK really loud and I got a peace sign from him so that was pretty cool too. Saw Vitor's wreck right when it happened, that was some scary stuff.

It was my second Indy in a row, I had a great time (even though PT or Rahal didn't win), and I'll be back next year for sure. Cars look great shaggy!!