2007 Panoz carshape?
Hi everyone, great to see a lot of old familiar names from the 'old' forum (stumbled across the new one while trying to track the old one down Smiley ) .

First just wanted to say hi to my old painting buddies and hope you're all well! Also just had a quick question: I wondered if anyone's been working on a 2007 Panoz carshape for ICR2?

Been tied up in family life with my two little ones the last couple of years but still haven't given up hope of painting a new car one day. Wink2

Cheers!

Mark
Hi Mark! Good to see you here. On the old forum, Bob Seaman was talking about working on the new shape. That was shortly after the first drawings of the Panoz were shown. I think that shortly after that, he became tied up with real life stuff and I never heard of it. So, to answer your question, unless he (or anybody else) is working on this under the radar and is planning to surprise us, nobody is working on the Panoz.
Ed
Don't let ICR2/CART Racing die!
Hi Mark !
OMG, Is that Mark Gill ??
Keep Honking..............................

I'M Still Reloading........................
Hi Ed, Tjerk, Dave, great to hear from you! Yes it's me, like I said bringing up a young family's eaten up most of my spare time (and very rewarding it is too!). We had to jettison satellite TV to save money so my Champ Car and Indycar fixes have come via the Internet or the occasional Autosport magazine!

I had a go at Champ Car Challenge - Steve very kindly sent me through some templates and links a while back, though in the end I realised I just didn't have the time to paint such a complex carshape - shame cos it's a great mod. But I got ICR2 working on my new PC (well it's over 18 months old now I have to admit) recently and thought I'd look in. Like I said, great to see you guys still flying the flag for the sim. Ed, thanks for the Panoz info too. How are things with you all?

Mark
Everything is doing great here. Victoria is now 2 1/2 years old. Noelle is in her 5th month of pregnancy (soon I'll be the one spending time with 2 kids instead of ICR2) Wink2. I'm still using my 8 years old, Win98 PC, but looking into a new PC for xmass.
Ed
Don't let ICR2/CART Racing die!
Oops, I knew I'd forget something. LOL
The shape as it is now, is just a re-tweak of an F1 car shape that I *think* Ollie did back in 00 or 02? I added the newer tire 3DO and made the nose look more like the early version of the DP01. That's about where I left it, there would be a ton of work needed on the side pods (the one thing that really shut down the project for me) and all of the 3DO would need to be re-mapped for a larger BMP. It looked OK in 3DO Edit, but I never tested it in ICR2.
The biggest thing holding me back (besides some real world stuff that should be slowing down by winter) was getting bifocals the last time I got my eyes checked.
Yes kids, Bob is an old fart.Grin3
Ed mentioned a while ago that it would probably be easier to use the Lola 3DO as a starting point and I think he's right.
Oh, Mark- don't be a stranger.Cool
Mark, if you teach them how to play ICR2 they will gladly help you editing. It works in my case, my daughter even testdrove a beta Houston when my hand was in plaster.
IIRS Driver Champion (2005-2007, 2010-2014)
IIRS Team Champion (2004-2014)
mark! glad you finaly stumbled your way in here. Smiley