Logo
Current time: 10-20-2019, 12:50 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I build my own car???
11-18-2006, 08:33 AM
RE: How can I build my own car???
Sander:
I went back and compared the GTP 3do with the Lola (I have been using the Lamborghini as a reference). The problem is that the GTP uses on the engine cover a color that Robert assigned to a non-paintable area (the back of the cockpit). also, the Lola colors corresponding to the winglets' top and endplate do not exist in the GTP. I'm going to modify the GTP a little see how it works.

Ed
Don't let ICR2/CART Racing die!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2006, 07:03 AM
hi, finally I could do it jaja, well thanx 4 u help, well this is my first car jajaja

[Image: Mcknight21.JPG]
11-20-2006, 01:47 AM
Nice car, McKnight!

Ed
Don't let ICR2/CART Racing die!
12-02-2006, 05:43 AM
Yeah, nice use of colours.

IIRS Driver Champion (2005-2007, 2010-2014)
IIRS Team Champion (2004-2014)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-03-2006, 02:07 AM
nice mod of the reynard shape! you will be sharing it, yes?
02-26-2019, 05:24 PM
(11-17-2006 12:22 PM)EdwRom Wrote:  McKnight:
Here is the link to Robert Szikszo's Reynard Paintkit. You need to create a text file named pcx23do.txt to convert your painted pcx file into the underbody 3do. The format for this text file is (for example):

ind95

where 1 is the number of cars to convert and Ind95 is the name of the 3do to create. If you paint more than one car, you can convert them all as long as you change the number line to the number of pcx files you want to convert and list the name of the 3do files that they represent. BTW, the pcx file names must match the name of the mip/3do car in the set (Ind95, Ind00, Alu16, etc.). Once you create the pcx23do.txt file, eliminate the .txt part of the name so that it becomes pcx23do without the extension.

The zip file includes one blank pcx file that you can use to create your car. Just name it to ind95.pcx for your car. If you have a bmp file with your car paintscheme (like those created by WinMip) and the pcx file painted, you can use CTBob's ICR2Manager which allows you to add any car to the set using a combination of paint scheme bmp and underbody pcx. You can download the manager from CTBob's site.

Have fun painting your car.

This link to the paintkit is dead.... does anyone still have this file? I could not find it anywhere else.
02-26-2019, 05:33 PM
(02-26-2019 05:24 PM)samsepi0l Wrote:  
Here is the link to Robert Szikszo's Reynard Paintkit. You need to create a text file named pcx23do.txt to convert your painted pcx file into the underbody 3do. The format for this text file is (for example):

ind95

where 1 is the number of cars to convert and Ind95 is the name of the 3do to create. If you paint more than one car, you can convert them all as long as you change the number line to the number of pcx files you want to convert and list the name of the 3do files that they represent. BTW, the pcx file names must match the name of the mip/3do car in the set (Ind95, Ind00, Alu16, etc.). Once you create the pcx23do.txt file, eliminate the .txt part of the name so that it becomes pcx23do without the extension.

The zip file includes one blank pcx file that you can use to create your car. Just name it to ind95.pcx for your car. If you have a bmp file with your car paintscheme (like those created by WinMip) and the pcx file painted, you can use CTBob's ICR2Manager which allows you to add any car to the set using a combination of paint scheme bmp and underbody pcx. You can download the manager from CTBob's site.

This link to the paintkit is dead.... does anyone still have this file? I could not find it anywhere else.

Is this this utility? (attached)

I haven't used it yet but I assume it is the complete package and works. I think I found it in some other thread recently but posting here again for your convenience.

Attached File(s)
.zip  reynard-paintkit.zip (Size: 141.58 KB / Downloads: 7)
02-26-2019, 05:42 PM
(02-26-2019 05:33 PM)checkpoint10 Wrote:  
(02-26-2019 05:24 PM)samsepi0l Wrote:  

ind95

Is this this utility? (attached)

I haven't used it yet but I assume it is the complete package and works. I think I found it in some other thread recently but posting here again for your convenience.

yes I looked inside of the zip and it looks right. I am at work so I don't have full access to all my files thank you.