Logo
Current time: 06-16-2019, 03:01 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
setup question
11-08-2018, 01:27 AM
RE: setup question
What was your testing procedure?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2018, 03:55 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2018 04:01 AM by samsepi0l.)
(11-08-2018 01:27 AM)CowtownBob Wrote:  What was your testing procedure?

I was in practice at portland (pavel's portland) I changed all of these values in the txt file, and then did about 10-15 laps looking to see if it changed the grip, or the rate at which the tires "went off". I also monitored the tire "bar" looking for it to dissapear faster/slower.

The reason I did this was I was looking for a way to make the soft tires less able to last a 40 gallon stint. Every time I run a 40 gallon stint on a road coarse/street circuit I don't even have them worn into the "yellow" range.

Let me specify, I changed these one at a time a little one way, then the other. Mostly independently. It probably took me an hour or 2 to change one, play a little, change it the other way, play a little, change it back, change a different one. I also tried different amounts of changes. Then I did drastic changes. I couldn't find any affect. I hope someone does prove me wrong here because it would be awesome to have to decide to use medium or soft tires.
11-08-2018, 01:37 PM
Did you notice any difference with the AI cars? You using a carset with a good mix of top cars on both tyre brands?
11-10-2018, 12:57 AM
(11-08-2018 01:37 PM)JR82 Wrote:  Did you notice any difference with the AI cars? You using a carset with a good mix of top cars on both tyre brands?

No- but I didn't specifically pay attention to looking for a difference. I was using my 1989 carset that I published here.