researching replays, position, speed and trafo (seperate thread)
Here is the tool I made. It looks like I cannot attach files to the forum again, so I put it on my Google Drive.

For example of how to use it, please refer to "rpy-det2.bat" which runs the Python scripts. These are the two main ones:

Autolp - the command line arguments are: 1) a csv file that defines the track boundaries, 2) the trk file itself, 3) output csv file, 4) center/min/max depending on what you want to output, 5) distance from wall (about half a car's width), 6) mph you want the LP to go

Csv2lp - 1) csv file generated from Autolp, 2) trk file, 3) output LP file

The csv file that defines track boundaries, you can derive that from my sg to csv tool that I believe you have. If not, let me know.
Just a fun video with some replay editing

(01-13-2024, 10:49 AM)checkpoint10 Wrote: Just a fun video with some replay editing

As I watch I think to myself "how can we learn from this to make cleaner AI"

You sure could make some neat replay edits if you were trying to make a new intro video for the game
More experimentation with replay file editing

(01-16-2024, 04:40 AM)checkpoint10 Wrote: More experimentation with replay file editing
The first step to ICR2 broadcast. We just need something to broadcast. (still dreaming about multiplayer)
I am working on a recreation of the Unser/Goodyear battle at Indy. This is a short preview.

Pavel, I am using your IMS92 track and wanted to make sure it is okay that I modified your track with a cloudy sky and I'm experimenting with different camera angles.
(03-18-2024, 02:48 AM)checkpoint10 Wrote: I am working on a recreation of the Unser/Goodyear battle at Indy. This is a short preview.
awesome work - don't post a side by side comparison though... over on the gp2 forum one of my gp2 buddies who is an excellent track maker just made an awesome version of Montreal 1994, and Suzuka 1989- the copyright pricks on youtube actually claimed his video because it had a few seconds of side by side comparison race footage.  This is why I am am moving away from youtube in general and I access everything free of ads with freetube.  Freetube is a much better experience than youtube's native site ever was.

I suggested he move over to a different platform and he is using odysee and rumble - I plan on doing this too. 

https://odysee.com/@michael_leachim:0/Su...opyright:4

https://rumble.com/v4i5o7l-grandprix2-mo...-1994.html
(03-18-2024, 02:48 AM)checkpoint10 Wrote: Pavel, I am using your IMS92 track and wanted to make sure it is okay that I modified your track with a cloudy sky and I'm experimenting with different camera angles.

Sure, no problem! Smiley
Here's the completed video in time for the Month of May! It's meant to be pretty accurate to the positions of the two cars, especially at the end I did a frame by frame analysis of the finish.

(05-16-2024, 07:00 AM)checkpoint10 Wrote: Here's the completed video in time for the Month of May! It's meant to be pretty accurate to the positions of the two cars, especially at the end I did a frame by frame analysis of the finish.

Your talent and fresh thinking makes my work look boring! I love it. I would never think of doing this in 100 years. With this level of understanding replays I think it would be easier to build better LP tools, but then again I couldn't program a computer cat to meow if my life depended on it.

Anyways great work and ingenuity