Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Axelson 1989 season
If you don't then you should follow Ryan Axelson through his new career challenge - full distance 1989 Indycar season  Afro
First race was ineresting. Fight for second place at the end of the race with Danny Sullivan was fun to watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwtWg3wrnnY
I've just finished watching. Great race, like his other videos, but ICR2 is still my favorite.
Hey It's my carset!!!
Great to see him running the full season and using all those mods. Too bad we don’t have Detroit downtown ready yet but this is giving me some extra motivation to get that track back in development.
Great content! There will be some ICR2 stuff by Ted Meat too in the near future.
Thanks for posting the video here! Will probably do the next race over this coming week, it was a lot of fun! Obviously this type of thing is only possible with all of the great tracks/carsets that have been created over the years, so thanks so much to everyone at this forum for making such great addons for the sim!

Excited to see what comes out next!
@jxeboy I just finished watching the whole video - really enjoyed it - it shows off the game at its best, especially how the AI still provides a real challenge and you have to think strategically throughout the race. Can't wait for the next races!

About the issue of AI diving towards pit lane at the last minute... is there something that can be done with the track.txt and the .lp files to improve this? @samsepi0l, what do you think, since you've been recently working on the AI?
You might want to move the pit.lp slightly to the apron there I think. That takes away the late pit entry.
IIRS Driver Champion (2005-2007, 2010-2014)
IIRS Team Champion (2004-2014)
(05-18-2021, 08:06 PM)Wolf_pd Wrote: You might want to move the pit.lp slightly to the apron there I think. That takes away the late pit entry.

That's what I used to think also, but there is a better trick: Change the value in track.txt PIT which corresponds to the value of DLONG for which CC's switch from RACE to PIT.
(05-19-2021, 02:15 AM)samsepi0l Wrote:
(05-18-2021, 08:06 PM)Wolf_pd Wrote: You might want to move the pit.lp slightly to the apron there I think. That takes away the late pit entry.

That's what I used to think also, but there is a better trick:  Change the value in track.txt PIT which corresponds to the value of DLONG for which CC's switch from RACE to PIT.
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum thanks to the GPLaps video of ICR2 which I haven't play for a long time. Nice to meet you all!
Got the game working, my steering wheel is working so now I'm learning about editing and stuff.
So my first question is: Where do I find DLONG?

Thnks in advance!