Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pitlane2 as a penalty area
Some tracks like Edmonton and Cleveland are so wide that they can use a bit of a penalty area to avoid cutting corners.
Now I know we can have two pitlanes, but could we have more, 3 or more, to have as a track limit kind of thing?

My foggy memory says I might have asked this question before, but maybe in a different forum.
IIRS Driver Champion (2005-2007, 2010-2014)
IIRS Team Champion (2004-2014)
Wait... we can have 2 pit lanes? Is that how we can make the player’s pit box in the middle of the pit lane, if we put two pit lanes together?
LOL, one of the original nascar converted tracks has 2, I think it was Darlington.
(07-26-2020, 06:26 AM)samsepi0l Wrote: LOL, one of the original nascar converted tracks has 2, I think it was Darlington.

Oh right, I forgot about that. I think Bristol had 2 pit lanes too.
It's a bit of working out, but using the two pitlanes on a single pitlane works. I would have to check where it was done, but I have seen Road America with a pitposition somewhere in front of the row.
The max is two.  ICR2mgr manipulates them to let you use other pit boxes.

I'm not following what you mean by using them as penalty areas to keep from cutting corners.
The pit area has a max speed of 80 mph, so in case you would make a mistake and enter that area while breaking you might escape harm, while if you drive through it deliberately at speed 80mph+ the game will penalize you for it.
Oh, ok. I've never played around with track building so I don't know if there can not be a wall between the pits and the track. There does need to be at least two pit boxes in the 2nd pitlane but I don't know if the game will force some AI cars to pit there if the primary pits have enough space for all the cars in the race.
A wall is not needed, the N3 oval tracks were made without walls mostly, so that could work, but the pit boxes you mention, could be an issue. It depends a bit, if you can preset which cars come where and you make say a 30 car pitlane and a 4 car second pitlane and only run 30 cars and only the first pitlane works, that would be perfect, but right now that is just theory.
Now that I'm thinking about it, it's the main pits that must have at least two boxes because the farthest forward you can pit is the 2nd box behind the pace car, then the secondary pitlane fills in behind you. At the least it would be an interesting experiment to try it out.