SG files and new editing tools
I've continued to develop Nashville applying the DYNO fix in all sections. I noticed, however, in some TV cameras, I can see some unusual bleed throughs related to the TSDs. Example below:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1872]

If there is no easy fix for this, I guess I can bypass the DYNO trick on those sections that are affected but don't have any elevations (like this one).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I think it's because section LIST order is reversed when viewed in reverse direction. So yes, it's maybe better to leave this sections without fix if nothing else can be done.
(09-09-2021, 07:21 PM)Pavel 69 Wrote: I think it's because section LIST order is reversed when viewed in reverse direction. So yes, it's maybe better to leave this sections without fix if nothing else can be done.

Honestly I can live with that bug a lot easier than the elevation see-through bug. So far in my testing everything else looks great from the cockpit and maybe just a few glitches here and there in TV view.
Maybe you have applied fix and then added tsd lines? If so then this may be explanation of this draw through bug.
(09-10-2021, 04:34 AM)Pavel 69 Wrote: Maybe you have applied fix and then added tsd lines? If so then this may be explanation of this draw through bug.

Yes, you are right, I was having this bug because I had DYNO before DetailList in the LIST. Once I moved DYNO to after the DetailList, then it works perfectly: no TSD issues, no see through hills.

I have updated my script accordingly.

Attached Files
.zip   3dtools-v2.2.zip (Size: 2.83 KB / Downloads: 28)
I apologize in advance I'm having a bit of a foggy-brain moment.

I am working on Sanair, and I made some changes to the SG and rebuilt my 3D. I converted the 3D to 3DO with the Noorok converter.

What about the other 3DO's that are in N2 format, like SKY.3DO and HORIZ.3DO.... do I need to convert these as well?

I am only trying to test the pitlane in the game so I can see how many cars it will fit, so the track does not have any other objects yet.
(10-02-2021, 06:18 PM)samsepi0l Wrote: What about the other 3DO's that are in N2 format, like SKY.3DO and HORIZ.3DO.... do I need to convert these as well?

I am only trying to test the pitlane in the game so I can see how many cars it will fit, so the track does not have any other objects yet.
If they are in N2 format you would need to convert them to ICR2. However, it might be easier to find the equivalent 3DOs in another ICR2 track and swap in your textures, and possibly use 3DOEd to change the polygon colors if the palette is different.
I don't remember if I shared my skid mark generator, but here is the latest one I have.

To use: python skids2.py <input file> <output file>

Input file is a .csv file. The columns are:

Section_name: used to produce % comments in the TSD file
Start DLONG - Starting DLONG of the track section where you want skids
Apex DLONG - Second DLONG normally at the apex of a corner, but if you don't have an apex, you can just put the ending DLONG here
End DLONG - Ending DLONG of the track section where you want skids
Length Min/Max - each skid will have a random length within this defined range (in 500ths)
Skid width - width of all skids
Number of marks - how many skids do you want to generate in this section
Start DLAT1, start DLAT2 - range of DLAT where skids can be, at the starting DLONG
Apex DLAT1, apex DLAT2 - range of DLAT where skids can be, at the apex DLONG
End DLAT1, end DLAT2 - range of DLAT where skids can be, at the ending DLONG

If the program wants to generate a skid mark somewhere between the start and apex or apex and end, appropriate calculation will be made to adjust the possible range of the DLAT.

Attached Files
.zip   skids2.zip (Size: 6.9 KB / Downloads: 27)
nooRok has updated the 3d23do tool again to provide better error reporting! https://github.com/nooRok/icr2_3dto3do/r...tag/v0.1.4

This was in response to me being confused why I was getting an error when I tried to convert one of my buildings. Turns out it was because I coded something wrong in the .3D file (which for some reason was tolerated by the N3 3d23do), but nooRok's tool previously did not give much feedback about where it couldn't parse my .3D file.
That's very useful update! Thanks too nooRok!
I use 3d23do to check file for errors before converted it with nooRok script. Now I hope I can eliminate this step Smiley