SG files and new editing tools
(06-22-2020, 10:43 AM)Wolf_pd Wrote: Can it also help you with wall height in the downslope section towards the tunnel?

That part is actually a normal wall that is parallel relative to the track surface. But the higher wall behind it, I think can be accomplished with a simple trackside object.

Just made some Python code that draws a map of a circuit based on .SG data. Not terribly exciting but I also discovered the little detail that, when you split a segment in two, the .SG file does not record the starting and ending angles for the new segment (rather, the starting and ending angles for the combined segments are still recorded in the first segment).

The arcs took a bit of time to figure out, fortunately it still required no more than my elementary knowledge of geometry since the .SG file has already "solved" for the angles, radius and center that I need. And ICR2 only has constant radius corners so it makes things easier.

I was initially thinking of making a tool that would help visualize the DLONG and world coordinates for the purpose of placing objects. But I think it will be a rather large effort and I am quite limited on time these days, so I will probably put that one aside for now.

Looks like a perfect way to generate track photos for the menu when you are at the race
Clean and simple.
IIRS Driver Champion (2005-2007, 2010-2014)
IIRS Team Champion (2004-2014)
(06-02-2020, 07:01 PM)checkpoint10 Wrote: Section 1: Header
Position / Description
0 = "SG"
1 = Unknown, always 1?
2 = Unknown, always 1?
3 = Unknown, always 0?

It looks like num2 is the S/F line, if it's not created then a 0 wil be there. And if it's not there, then 3 becomes 4x FF-byte in a row.

Num1 doesn't not work with 0, 2 or FF FF FF FF.

Thanks for this.
I have been playing with the track tools and learning more. This does not seem like "black magic" like it did when I used to read it.
(11-03-2020, 08:40 AM)samsepi0l Wrote: I have been playing with the track tools and learning more.  This does not seem like "black magic" like it did when I used to read it.

I used to think ICR2 modding required a computer science degree and hacking skills. Thanks to all the community work over the years, it has turned out to a very accessible hobby that can be done with a little patience and only foundational math and computer skills.
(06-04-2020, 06:35 PM)Tjerk Wrote: Based on checkpoint's info I made a simple SG file parser in PHP.

Now I guess that means I should start reading into WebGL Grin3

Tjerk- I think your parsing tool for SG files is very helpful! Is there any way I can use this to view the details of my SG file for tamiami? I am trying to build a much more detailed tamiami than what we currently have.
Just wanted to share a camera editing tool that I used to make the Nashville cameras. It'll take a couple of .csv files and turn them into .cam and .scr files. It can also read .cam and .scr files and turn them into .csv files.

It requires Python and the code is largely uncommented, sorry. You will still need to know about the purpose of the two files. But hopefully it will help somebody because the existing tools are hard to use and required you to maintain a text file with precise spacing, etc. and I just thought there should be a better way.

Attached Files
.zip   cam_py.zip (Size: 2.32 KB / Downloads: 31)
(12-05-2020, 10:06 PM)samsepi0l Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 06:35 PM)Tjerk Wrote: Based on checkpoint's info I made a simple SG file parser in PHP.

Now I guess that means I should start reading into WebGL Grin3

Tjerk- I think your parsing tool for SG files is very helpful!  Is there any way I can use this to view the details of my SG file for tamiami?  I am trying to build a much more detailed tamiami than what we currently have.

Sorry it took a while to get back to you mate. I have added the ability to upload your own SG file now: https://www.icr2.net/editor/

If the map that it draws is wrong, just ignore it. That's my script, not your SG file Smiley And it does not store the file you upload by the way, it removes them after parsing.