Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error With Joystick
Using joystick Logitech G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB with 0 axes, 0 buttons, and 0 hat(s)

Has anyone else experienced this? It was working fine for me before and then one day it just stopped.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-26-2020, 01:03 PM)mrgrim Wrote: Using joystick Logitech G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB with 0 axes, 0 buttons, and 0 hat(s)

Has anyone else experienced this? It was working fine for me before and then one day it just stopped.

I know this is a year late, but maybe someone will spend a week trying to Google this very problem and find 0 relevant results just as I did.

After tinkering with almost everything I could lay my hands upon, the correct solution, in the end, was to completely uninstall Logitech G Hub. It interferes with how Windows recognizes the G29 wheel and overrides certain settings, which makes Windows think that the wheel has no actual inputs whatsoever. 

Maybe this is possible to achieve by just preventing G Hub from running when you use DOSBox, but I didn't find a satisfactory way of doing that, and quitting G Hub after it had already started did not do anything.
I am using a G29 with G-Hub & Win8.1. It works fine for me in dosbox. But G-Hub is a shocker. Logitech hardware is great but their software??? Watch out for automatic G-Hub updates. I had one recently that resulted in G-Hub getting stuck on that odd start-up screen. Deleting & re-installing G-Hub didn't help. So I went to Logitech website to get previous version of G-Hub. Installed it with same problem. Then I noticed file size on my computer was exactly same as the latest version. Were they the same file? Looks like Logitech had all those old legacy G-hub's just linked to the current one. Typical.
Luckily I had an older G-Hub version in a back-up file. Installed that & things were fixed again. The 1st thing I did then was to un-tick automatic G-Hub updates.
I would suggest to anyone using G-Hub on not-the-latest software to also un-select auto updates. If not, one day you'll probably get a similar problem.