Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Status
When I saw the site was down for most of the morning my heart sank. I'm not sure what the outtage had anything to do with any real issues, but in any event is there a way to donate to the hosting of the site? I'm sure the server costs money and I'd love to support it.

Thanks for keeping this community alive!
Yes- I will gladly help as well....
There was an issue with one specific IP that was sucking up a lot of bandwidth. Tjerk is looking into it.
Other than bandwidth issues with (usually) spammers, everything is OK with the site.

We appreciate the offer, but Tjerk has things covered. And if needed he knows I can chip (have done so before).
IIRS Driver Champion (2005-2007, 2010-2014)
IIRS Team Champion (2004-2014)
Thanks Tjerk and Wolf_pd for your dedication to this site. Please count me in if this site ever needs help. May this community and our game continue for many years to come!
For those curious about the downtime we had, some IP range bans Tjerk set up were removed (possibly by our provider?) which meant we got a sudden onslaught from that range. It ate away the bandwidth.

Order has been restored.
Thanks for the update, glad we’re back up and running. Is there anything else that can be done about the bots?
All is okay folks, I should just take some more time to check the logs every now and then Wink2

Edit: I have also updated the forum software. That should hopefully help. The theme of the forum is now a very basic edit of one of the default themes so updating in the future will be relatively painless.
For a moment I thought, now what happened??
Yeh I was like that for a bit too. Grin3
Looks good