Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assigning Keyboard Keys to Wheel Buttons
Hi,

I remember back in the day that I used RbJoy to assign some of the F Key commands from ICR2 to the buttons on my wheel. That's so long ago and I have no clue anymore how that is configured. Can somebody fill me in?

Does anyone of you guys know if this also works if you use VDMS?

Also does anyone use this setup with a newer wheel with lots of buttons? Can you share your experience?

Thanks.

HRR
It works fine for me in dosbox ece with a keymapper. My steering wheel works like a real champcar. I have 2 different mapper files, one for icr2 and another for f1-gp2. I just rename them when I want to play each game.

[Image: oy6hInR.jpg?1]
What is that keymapper program's name?
(04-27-2020, 05:19 AM)Hardrockracer Wrote: What is that keymapper program's name?

It's Dosbox Ece's own keymapper..It is opened probably by ctrl+f1.
(04-27-2020, 06:38 AM)jaeger Wrote:
(04-27-2020, 05:19 AM)Hardrockracer Wrote: What is that keymapper program's name?

It's Dosbox Ece's own keymapper..It is opened probably by ctrl+f1.

I guess I need to rephrase this. As I am not using Dosbox but VDMS I would be looking for some keymapper that works with this environment.
(04-27-2020, 07:48 AM)Hardrockracer Wrote: I guess I need to rephrase this. As I am not using Dosbox but VDMS I would be looking for some keymapper that works with this environment.
I'm using Joy2Key tool https://joytokey.net/en/
(04-29-2020, 04:16 PM)Pavel 69 Wrote:
(04-27-2020, 07:48 AM)Hardrockracer Wrote: I guess I need to rephrase this. As I am not using Dosbox but VDMS I would be looking for some keymapper that works with this environment.
I'm using Joy2Key tool https://joytokey.net/en/
Thanks for the info but unfortunately it's not free.
Here is an older version of it in attachment.

Attached Files
.zip   keysoft.zip (Size: 303.02 KB / Downloads: 3)
Version I have was downloaded when it was free Smiley