Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Going to the limits! The ICR2 speed challenge
Did you ever ask, what's the highest possible speed in ICR2? Are you interested in a challenge to find it out?
We can set the gear ratio tall enough to avoid a blowing engine, so it would be all about being creative and create the ideal conditions for a speed record.

The rules
Everything is allowed except cheat tools. (By interest, we can make additional to the open category, also one, where you can only use existing tracks.)
To take part, you only need to make a screenshot from the cockpit view showing the speed. The winner also has to share every setting and data, to give other users the chance to validate (or beating) the record.

Organization (2 possibilities)
1. Confidential competition
One user (ideally no competitor) collect the users' screenshots and publish the result after 4 weeks.
2. Public competition
The users publish their own speed records immediately in the thread. After 4 weeks, the competition will be extended by 2 weeks counting from each record beat.
Should also have a standard setting for the players car in the Drivers2.txt file otherwise some may have more top speed & grip (to get off a corner quickly) through that than others.
(04-18-2020, 11:03 PM)JR82 Wrote: Should also have a standard setting for the players car in the Drivers2.txt file otherwise some may have more top speed & grip (to get off a corner quickly) through that than others.

I agree with it at the competition on existing tracks.
In the open category there's no need for it, a modified drivers2.txt would be there just one element to get higher speed.
I think there was an experiment done like this a long time ago:
https://web.archive.org/web/200808211524...ment1.html
(04-18-2020, 11:32 PM)jxeboy Wrote: I think there was an experiment done like this a long time ago:
https://web.archive.org/web/200808211524...ment1.html
My idea was something like this. Because there stays everything, I think, a competition doesn't make sense anymore.
I'm just curious. Does somebody have screenshots or videos from the experiment?
Here's my challenge - fastest speed on a default ICR2 road course.

253 mph going in reverse direction on the Elkhart front straightaway.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Might want to check with Tjerk if he still has the tracks. I don't have them anymore.

Had a good chuckle at the 'competition' between him and me Grin3
IIRS Driver Champion (2005-2007, 2010-2014)
IIRS Team Champion (2004-2014)
Tjerk uploaded the track. I still haven't gotten around to accessing my old hard drive with ICR2 stuff; maybe one of the other old timers still has it.
Here's my best: 254 entering turn 1 on Pavel's Indianapolis track