Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which tracks to run in my season Revisited
We have had a few threads before by IIRSDirector with suggestions which tracks you can use to run a certain season.
Seeing the amount of work and enthusiasm with the current trackeditors, I thought it would be a nice thing to redo the threads and upgrade to what we now have available.

The criteria:
1. The tracks mentioned are considered the best available option
2. If a track is not available, or not available in the specific configuration it will be listed as <not available>.
3. If a track is missing AI, objects, graphics or cams, the track can still be listed, but will listed as <incomplete>
4. Focus is on Indycar and every predecessor.
4. Discussion is welcomed. I am pretty sure I might overlook some tracks

I will work out a format in something like Excel to avoid having to post every single season.
IIRS Driver Champion (2005-2007, 2010-2014)
IIRS Team Champion (2004-2014)
I run seasons from 1990-2001 then '18 & 19. When on PC next i'll go through tracks folder & see what i have, from memory pretty much every track from those 90's seasons bar maybe 1 or 2 for various reasons. Where a track didn't work etc i swapped with a similar type track.
would it be easier to post my "calandar" files here?
Calenders are OK, but I was more thinking along a document where you can filter and find the exact link you need to download the files right away.
Something like this

Attached Files
.zip   Tracklist Seasons Indycar.zip (Size: 18.47 KB / Downloads: 11)
I don't have xl opener etc, would a pinned thread suffice?
a thread for all links to tracks links etc?

These are the Calandar files i use, i don't recall who made each track but they were all found on this forum.
Calandar90 is 1990 season & so on.
all up i have 43 tracks

Attached Files
.zip   Calandar.zip (Size: 4.05 KB / Downloads: 1)
(04-18-2020, 11:05 PM)JR82 Wrote: I don't have xl opener etc, would a pinned thread suffice?
a thread for all links to tracks links etc?

These are the Calandar files i use, i don't recall who made each track but they were all found on this forum.
Calandar90 is 1990 season & so on.
all up i have 43 tracks

I have about 500 different tracks in various states on my HD. That's just ICR2 and not even with all the tracks from my editing files. Lot of them are not on the forum or website either.

Excel was a file that I put together quickly, not yet a final product. The final product, in whatever form, could replace/upgrade the pinned track thread in the end.

Anyway, back to digging.
(04-18-2020, 08:37 PM)Wolf_pd Wrote: Something like this

I like the idea of listing all the tracks and their availability and completion status.

Maybe you can make the job easier by having each track appear only once in the "Circuit" column and then from Column J onwards, each column can represent a year and you can put a checkmark or "X" to denote that the track was used that year, and another symbol or gray out the cell if the track was not used.
(04-19-2020, 01:40 AM)checkpoint10 Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 08:37 PM)Wolf_pd Wrote: Something like this

I like the idea of listing all the tracks and their availability and completion status.

Maybe you can make the job easier by having each track appear only once in the "Circuit" column and then from Column J onwards, each column can represent a year and you can put a checkmark or "X" to denote that the track was used that year, and another symbol or gray out the cell if the track was not used.

Good suggestion, that makes it less of a calender list and more of a track list. It will need some extra work though to distinguish different version though, but that can be fixed with a remark or version column..
(04-19-2020, 11:58 PM)Wolf_pd Wrote: Good suggestion, that makes it less of a calender list and more of a track list. It will need some extra work though to distinguish different version though, but that can be fixed with a remark or version column..

Was just thinking you can make it function as a calendar too, in each "year" column instead of putting an "X" in there, you put the number of the round. So someone can filter and sort by calendar order for that year, if they want to.

Version column works or you can just consider each track configuration to be a unique track. Like "Long Beach 1992-1998" would be a different track (in another row) to "Long Beach 2000-present". That way if these tracks have different completion statuses you can record that separately without confusion.