Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car swapper tool
This is the tool I made to reorder BobLogSan's carset in this thread: https://icr2.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1313&page=2

It should be useful for most situations where you want to reorder a carset. This will only work for the standard carsets that have 32 cars. It may possibly work for the first 32 cars in a 40-car set, but I have not tested this.

INSTRUCTIONS:
- Python 3 must be installed on your computer and added to Path
- Make a back up of your files first!!
- Copy both dat.py and icr2_cars_swap.py to the folder where your desired carset .dat and .txt files are located
- When the program launches, it will attempt to read the drivers2.txt file and unpack the .dat file.

Once the program has launched and you see a list of drivers:
- Option W to swap two cars. Use the numbers shown on the cars list to indicate which two cars to swap.
- Option S to save. This will write directly over drivers2.txt, cars.3do within the unpack folder, and repack the .dat file.
- Option Q to quit. BE SURE TO SAVE BEFORE QUITTING, otherwise it will not save.

Disclaimer: Program and source code provided as-is and I am not responsible for any damages.

Attached Files
.zip   icr2_cars_swap.zip (Size: 4.72 KB / Downloads: 6)
Awesome, once i figure out how to use python it'll be sweet Smiley
Tried installing python & it won't run on pc, got some runtime error
Did you figure out what's the difference between this and other carsets, that makes it not work with ICR2mgr?
Apparently one of the 3do files was edited but i am not overly sure.
(04-12-2020, 10:39 PM)JR82 Wrote: Tried installing python & it won't run on pc, got some runtime error

That's strange, I wonder why it would not work for you. Did you try to download and install Python 3.8.2 for Windows? https://www.python.org/downloads/
3.7.7, on that page do i need all the files or just 1?
There should be a yellow button that says Download 3.8.2 which should have the installer. That should have everything needed to install Python. Remember to add it to Path.
(04-13-2020, 12:07 PM)checkpoint10 Wrote: There should be a yellow button that says Download 3.8.2 which should have the installer. That should have everything needed to install Python. Remember to add it to Path.

Ah yes got it! thx.