Logo
Current time: 04-10-2020, 05:38 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Edit start position (Version Windows)
02-24-2020, 09:16 AM
Edit start position (Version Windows)
I made a fantastic discovery!

I always wanted to discover a way to edit the starting grid in the Windows version of our game.

One day I came across the “Cheat engine” program and, finally, I managed to find a way to change this variable.

I already say that the process is not complex, just open the “cheat engine” program and then the game.

The next step is to read the game through the program (There are several videos on youtube that explain how the cheat engine works).

I was able to find the files that correspond to the starting grid, the list of cars is in the same order as the file “drivers2.txt”, and the number 1 corresponds to the first car that comes after the player's name.

After the "addresses" are listed, just fill in the "value" field, the lower the value, the better the position on the starting grid.

This change will allow us to make adjustments in the grid and also in the championship, considering that if a driver is very strong, just play it to the end of the starting grid.
I am not a programming expert, but I am sure that we will now be able to change various game data like breakdowns and scores, among other things.

I already auditioned with the 1992 and 1997 ppg cup seasons and the results were very close to what happened at the time.

I already apologize if my text is written in a strange way. I did it in my language and then translated it on google translator.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  LIST OF GRID CARS.pdf (Size: 32.38 KB / Downloads: 16)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2020, 12:06 AM
RE: Edit start position (Version Windows)
Never heard of that program, anyway to edit car reliability would be cool. is there a link to download "cheat engine"?
02-27-2020, 12:06 PM
Guys,

The link for download

https://www.cheatengine.org/downloads.php
02-28-2020, 06:08 PM
Cheers, now how to use it for the game?
03-01-2020, 12:17 AM
Friends,

Here is a short tutorial on how to edit the starting grid:
1) Open cart racing 2;
2) Open the Cheat engine (C.E) program;
3) Go to the "open process" icon in C.E;
4) Choose the game from the list of programs that will appear;
5) Go to the "Add address manual" option;
6) Inform the addresses listed in the "list of grid cars.pdf" file that is attached to the first message of this post;
7) After completing the inclusion of all addresses, I recommend renaming the addresses in the same way as I did, "1", "2", etc.
8) The sequence of numbers obeys the same order of the pilots that appear in the file "drivers2.txt" (Not including the data of the pacecar and the player);
9) The "value" field informs the opponents' time, therefore, the smaller this field, the better the opponent's position. The "active" field must be chosen, so that the information is fixed.
10) The game will only process this information at the end of training or near of the end.
11) This parameter will be locked, that is, it will be necessary to make adjustments for the next race.
12) I used to changed information “QUAL” of “track.txt” to 0 and 3 (QUAL 0 3)

In case of doubt and I know how to help, I am available.
03-07-2020, 11:39 AM
Folks,

Has anyone managed to edit the starting grid?
03-07-2020, 12:13 PM
I have not tried this yet (I am also on the DOS version so would need to figure out how it is done with DOSBox) but I would be interested to know if the Cheat Engine can be used to modify other parameters especially those that impact the performance of the car.
03-07-2020, 06:38 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2020 06:45 PM by JR82.)
(03-07-2020 12:13 PM)checkpoint10 Wrote:  I have not tried this yet (I am also on the DOS version so would need to figure out how it is done with DOSBox) but I would be interested to know if the Cheat Engine can be used to modify other parameters especially those that impact the performance of the car.

I have done performance files for 90-01 & '18-'19 carsets, yet to perfect the drag settings (not sure if any of these make overtaking easier or harder with high or low settings) & not really sure what aggression does (if it's only overtaking ability etc) or what effects reliability. These files can be found in this forum. have had bugger all feedback on them but they seem to be pretty good in terms of the right drivers winning.contending for the title in each of the seasons.
03-08-2020, 07:57 AM
(03-07-2020 06:38 PM)JR82 Wrote:  
(03-07-2020 12:13 PM)checkpoint10 Wrote:  I have not tried this yet (I am also on the DOS version so would need to figure out how it is done with DOSBox) but I would be interested to know if the Cheat Engine can be used to modify other parameters especially those that impact the performance of the car.

I have done performance files for 90-01 & '18-'19 carsets, yet to perfect the drag settings (not sure if any of these make overtaking easier or harder with high or low settings) & not really sure what aggression does (if it's only overtaking ability etc) or what effects reliability. These files can be found in this forum. have had bugger all feedback on them but they seem to be pretty good in terms of the right drivers winning.contending for the title in each of the seasons.

I was actually wondering if Cheat Engine could be made to impact the player's car. Somehow giving the player more grip, less grip, more power, etc. than is normally possible with the game.
03-08-2020, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2020 09:49 PM by JR82.)
(03-08-2020 07:57 AM)checkpoint10 Wrote:  
(03-07-2020 06:38 PM)JR82 Wrote:  

I was actually wondering if Cheat Engine could be made to impact the player's car. Somehow giving the player more grip, less grip, more power, etc. than is normally possible with the game.
I got no idea on that one, tho u can edit that via Drivers2.txt, in he files i did, i gave the players car the same values as that seasons Champion.