Logo
Current time: 12-14-2019, 01:46 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Las Vegas,Texas and Lowe's tracks
11-15-2019, 02:47 AM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2019 04:03 AM by Drv86.)
Las Vegas,Texas and Lowe's tracks
Hi new user here. I've been playing ICR2 (badly) on and off for years now. I have the CART windows version WINDY.exe and not the DOS version. I have never really played on anything but the oval tracks and Elkhart Lake. So now I've added California (Fontana), Atlanta, Michigan95 and Pocono. I have searched for Las Vegas, Texas Speedway (1.5 mile) and Lowe's but have so far not found any of these tracks. I can get this game to run on Windows Vista x86 but not Windows 7 x64. I can't use DOSbox of course because I have the Windows (95) version. Is there any way Windows 7 can play this game ? Thanks in advance.
edit: forgot to ask, is there any way the draw distance can be increased ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2019, 04:29 AM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2019 04:43 AM by Dave_S.)
RE: Las Vegas,Texas and Lowe's tracks
I've got windy.exe running on 2 Windows 7 machines (x32 & x64). Here are my settings on the compatibility tab:
[Image: ituwCoJ.jpg]

Also: For the "Options>Graphics>Advanced" menu screen, UN-check the box for "Use direct draw"

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-15-2019, 05:22 AM
Thanks for the reply Dave_S, I'll give your settings a go. The menu worked on Windows 7 x64 but when I go into the car it's like you're on planet Venus, the colours are all over the place. Then there was some issue with the timing which meant you touched the throttle and were instantly smashed into a wall. I'll give these settings a go. It's great that there's any possibility of running something designed for Windows 95/DOS era.
11-17-2019, 12:24 AM
Thank Dave_S. Your adjustments worked, I should have done a bit more experimentation especially with the direct draw setting. Amazing that Sierra games Grand Prix Legends, Nascar 2002 and now IndyCar II all work like a charm on Windows 7 OS. Thanks again for your help.
11-17-2019, 07:57 AM
np, Drv86.

Here are some of the tracks you mentioned.

Attached File(s)
.rar  NTexas.rar (Size: 1.02 MB / Downloads: 2)
.rar  lasvegas.rar (Size: 891.01 KB / Downloads: 3)
.rar  nchrltte.rar (Size: 496.76 KB / Downloads: 2)

11-20-2019, 03:23 AM
Thanks for the tracks Dave_S
11-21-2019, 02:01 AM
Las Vegas track shows me on pit road and then there is an appcrash. Anyone else have this issue or know the solution.
11-21-2019, 08:16 PM
Las Vegas works on my Windows Vista x86 machine but when I copy the files to my other Windows 7 x64 it crashes on pit road.
11-21-2019, 10:26 PM
Maybe records.txt is write protected? Or other track files?
11-22-2019, 06:20 AM
try in "preseason testing" mode