Logo
Current time: 09-17-2019, 04:14 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
ICR2 on Twitter
09-11-2019, 05:24 AM
ICR2 on Twitter
Just wanted to share that I've been contributing to the Twitter account @champwebdotnet which is heavily focused on 80s/90s CART nostalgia but also a platform for current IndyCar fans. I posted a video showing ICR2 with the new body shape, hopefully to remind the world that the game is very much alive: https://twitter.com/champwebdotnet/statu...1186889729

Still looking for help with the carset if anyone is interested.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2019, 01:04 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2019 01:07 AM by JR82.)
RE: ICR2 on Twitter
More than happy to do the AI performance, the '19 carset on this forum was up until around toronto from what i recall, will do an update post Laguna Seca if anyone is keen. Still unsure on what Drag & aggression do exactly, it'd be cool to have the Penske's fastest on Ovals for example but unsure how to do it if it's possible to do at all.

P.S the carshapes look amazing.
09-12-2019, 04:58 AM
I'm sorry- I would love to help because our community is so small, but I just can't get into any of the modern carsets or even the sport. I like the old stuff. I am currently working on an 85 carset now and when I am done with that I plan on learning how to work on tracks. Hopefully I can benefit the community that way.
09-12-2019, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2019 04:22 PM by checkpoint10.)
(09-12-2019 01:04 AM)JR82 Wrote:  More than happy to do the AI performance, the '19 carset on this forum was up until around toronto from what i recall, will do an update post Laguna Seca if anyone is keen. Still unsure on what Drag & aggression do exactly, it'd be cool to have the Penske's fastest on Ovals for example but unsure how to do it if it's possible to do at all.

P.S the carshapes look amazing.

nooRok did all the hard work on the carshape and it is a shame that it's been years without any carset using it. But I am sure we are all very busy people and the tiny progress is better than nothing.

I might just release the version of the carset with only the 2 cars painted, at least it would be a start if anyone is inspired to pick it up.

(09-12-2019 04:58 AM)samsepi0l Wrote:  I'm sorry- I would love to help because our community is so small, but I just can't get into any of the modern carsets or even the sport. I like the old stuff. I am currently working on an 85 carset now and when I am done with that I plan on learning how to work on tracks. Hopefully I can benefit the community that way.

Perfectly understandable. The best years are still in the past and we need folks dedicated to preserving that era. Good luck with the track building and please continue to post whatever you learn.

If it's any motivation, people on Twitter almost universally agree that ICR2 is still a great game and are pleasantly surprised about the ongoing modding. I hope our community grows again but until then, thanks to you and everyone for keeping this alive.
09-13-2019, 09:46 PM
Hey guys,

it's been a long time since I've last replied to anything on the forums. But I kept monitoring the topics and progress around here.

I've spent the last month playing Project Cars 2 Indycars (PS4) since I don't have a suitable gaming PC for other sims. It has been okay but in the end I'm coming back to ICR2.

Would be great to have a carset for the IR18-mod. Unfortunately all I can do is having a try on painting some cars.

Keep up the great work and let me know if I can help somewhere.
09-14-2019, 01:39 AM
(09-11-2019 05:24 AM)checkpoint10 Wrote:  Just wanted to share that I've been contributing to the Twitter account @champwebdotnet which is heavily focused on 80s/90s CART nostalgia but also a platform for current IndyCar fans. I posted a video showing ICR2 with the new body shape, hopefully to remind the world that the game is very much alive: https://twitter.com/champwebdotnet/statu...1186889729

Still looking for help with the carset if anyone is interested.

I know 0 about painting the cars etc but even a carset with the '18 carshape with just plain livery cars (just the colours but no sponsors etc) would be cool & may inspire someone to paint/add sponsor logo's on them Wink2