Logo
Current time: 01-22-2020, 08:23 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So looking to get back into editing
07-07-2019, 04:17 AM
RE: So looking to get back into editing
If you upload it, I will try and figure it out.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2019, 04:54 AM
Here is my editfolder zipped. I haven't got it to work yet (DOSbox issues).

Attached File(s)
.zip  Rioval.zip (Size: 1.95 MB / Downloads: 17)

IIRS Driver Champion (2005-2007, 2010-2014)
IIRS Team Champion (2004-2014)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-26-2019, 03:41 PM
(07-05-2019 04:03 AM)CowtownBob Wrote:  
(07-03-2019 12:47 AM)Tjerk Wrote:  I found some Nascar 3 tracks to experiment with. But I seem to have a hard time finding a simple DAT unpacker/packer tool. If someone knows where to find one of the older tools that could be run from the command line, I would be much obliged.
Just found pack.exe and unpack.exe. Here ya go.

It's been a few months (I know) but I finally am finished with my 85 carset and I want to do some track editing. I am trying to get this rio-oval version working. I ran the MRON executable on the files from the RIO OVAL I downloaded and it looks like it modified 3 different 3do files. I am trying to pack these into a riooval.dat file, and I'm having problems. Do I need to do this through DOS within DOSBOX? I am stuck on the next step of the process.
11-26-2019, 05:36 PM
(11-26-2019 03:41 PM)samsepi0l Wrote:  
(07-05-2019 04:03 AM)CowtownBob Wrote:  
(07-03-2019 12:47 AM)Tjerk Wrote:  I found some Nascar 3 tracks to experiment with. But I seem to have a hard time finding a simple DAT unpacker/packer tool. If someone knows where to find one of the older tools that could be run from the command line, I would be much obliged.
Just found pack.exe and unpack.exe. Here ya go.

It's been a few months (I know) but I finally am finished with my 85 carset and I want to do some track editing. I am trying to get this rio-oval version working. I ran the MRON executable on the files from the RIO OVAL I downloaded and it looks like it modified 3 different 3do files. I am trying to pack these into a riooval.dat file, and I'm having problems. Do I need to do this through DOS within DOSBOX? I am stuck on the next step of the process.

You just need some files packed into a .dat file? Happy to have you try out my Python script from the other thread if you can't get the pack.exe/unpack.exe files running. Let me know if you want to go that route.
11-26-2019, 06:11 PM
don't you first need a .pck file to group them together? The files that wolf PD posted don't have a .pck file....

how would one go about packing a group of files without a .pck file.
11-27-2019, 12:04 AM
(11-26-2019 06:11 PM)samsepi0l Wrote:  don't you first need a .pck file to group them together? The files that wolf PD posted don't have a .pck file....

A .pck file is just a text file that's a list of the files to put into the .dat, so easy enough to make your own.

To do it without? You'll need a hex editor and a good understanding of the internal structure of .dat files. Or a utility that can do something like pack up all the files in a given directory.
11-27-2019, 01:56 AM
(11-27-2019 12:04 AM)CowtownBob Wrote:  
(11-26-2019 06:11 PM)samsepi0l Wrote:  don't you first need a .pck file to group them together? The files that wolf PD posted don't have a .pck file....

A .pck file is just a text file that's a list of the files to put into the .dat, so easy enough to make your own.

To do it without? You'll need a hex editor and a good understanding of the internal structure of .dat files. Or a utility that can do something like pack up all the files in a given directory.

Can confirm. The structure of a .pck file is:
filename.dat
<number of files>
file1.3do
file2.3do
file3.mip
etc.
11-27-2019, 05:15 PM
To test track you don't need to pack all files into dat. They can be placed just in the track folder.

I'm usin DooDat tool to pack/unpack dat files. It's simple tool, you don't need any pck file, it works like any archive tool. But it seems like it's hard to find it now. And I don't know if it works under Win 10. Under win 7 it works ok.

Here is Google drive link https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XxftHi...ifBKFj5Hwl
11-27-2019, 05:21 PM
pavel- can you pack the files provide by wolf pd so that rio will have objects? Is that all we need to do?
11-27-2019, 09:27 PM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2019 09:34 PM by Pavel 69.)
As I understand files from his archive are in N3 format. It's N3 track. So you want to convert it to icr2. And to do it with converter you need to pack all this files into dat, am I right?

BTW It looks like track objects were converted from nr2003. They will look ok in n2/n3. But ICR2 textures can not have transparent colors, so in icr2 this objects will look bad Sad We need to fix/redone them.