Logo
Current time: 11-14-2019, 01:48 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Favorite era
03-12-2019, 04:55 PM
Favorite era
Just a curious one, what was your favorite era of Indycar/Champ car/Cart racing? any particular seasons that stand out? also any particular seasons you like to replicate in ICR2?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2019, 07:52 PM
RE: Favorite era
For me, I think the mid to late '90s. The wide variety of chassis/engine/tire combinations and the depth of driver talent made for some of the most exciting racing ever seen on the planet. For the 500 itself though, '67 and '68 - the turbine years. Not just because of the turbine cars themselves, but that time was the culmination of the era of "run what you brung" innovation.
03-12-2019, 09:52 PM
1996- the year CART and "IRL" split. This was the start of Honda's many years of domination. All hail Target.
03-13-2019, 05:15 AM
Since no one mentioned the 80s, I'll say that even though I never watched that era, it must have been an amazing decade because you had so many legends still racing (Mario, Foyt, Unser Sr., Rutherford) versus the new superstars (Unser Jr., Michael Andretti, Sullivan, Rahal, Mears). Plus Emerson Fittipaldi joining the series. Basically all the household names raced together in the 80s.