Logo
Current time: 07-17-2019, 02:11 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
please help! - confusion about PASS1.LP and PASS2.LP
02-21-2019, 08:06 AM
please help! - confusion about PASS1.LP and PASS2.LP
PASS1 and PASS2 should be for AI movement left and right of RACE. One should be higher than RACE, the other should be lower than RACE

BUT WHICH ONE IS WHICH?

When I downloaded TJerks glenboot track, he had used pass2 as the left position, and pass1 as the right. Glenboot is a clockwise motion track so in this example pass1 was the "inside line".

When I downloaded Pavels pocono track, he had done the opposite. Pocono is a "turn left" oval. Pass1 was the inside (ai travels on left) and pass2 was the right.

Just for a sanity I checked the OEM version of Detroit and it agrees with Pavel. Pass1 is AI travelling on the left, and pass2 is the right. I also checked the OEM long beach and it agrees as well.

Did Tjerk make a mistake and confuse his pass1 with pass2 or am I missing something. There is definitely a disagreement here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2019, 10:27 PM
RE: please help! - confusion about PASS1.LP and PASS2.LP
I don't know, but you could rename the glenboot files and see if/how it makes a difference.
02-22-2019, 12:41 AM
(02-21-2019 10:27 PM)CowtownBob Wrote:  I don't know, but you could rename the glenboot files and see if/how it makes a difference.

I think Tjerk may have had it backwards originally and instead of using the PASS file, they were switching to min (or max) race.
02-22-2019, 01:57 AM
I made it, like in the tutorial. Pass1 is on the left.
02-22-2019, 02:01 AM
(02-22-2019 01:57 AM)Dennis Wrote:  I made it, like in the tutorial. Pass1 is on the left.

Then it was backwards in glenboot. Thanks! Funny my AI would pass. They must have been using minrace & maxrace. This does explain strange behaviour in the bus-stop turn.