Logo
Current time: 07-17-2019, 02:54 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BobLogSan 2018 carshapes
02-13-2019, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2019 03:59 PM by Pavel 69.)
BobLogSan 2018 carshapes
Hi,
Has anyone checked BobLogSan's work? He has made greate carshape for latest Indycar season. All is needed is good artist to paint all carskin Smiley He has made template too.

Anyone? Wink2

https://icr2noorok.tumblr.com/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2019, 04:07 PM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2019 04:35 PM by checkpoint10.)
RE: BobLogSan 2018 carshapes
(02-13-2019 03:52 PM)Pavel 69 Wrote:  Hi,
Has anyone checked BobLogSan's work? He has made greate carshape for latest Indycar season. All is needed is good artist to paint all carskin Smiley He has made template too.

Anyone? Wink2

https://icr2noorok.tumblr.com/

I've seen this! This needs to happen.

I have recent experience painting cars (in the original carshape, but I've recently been studying how the newer carshapes work), but I don't have time to do all the cars. Maybe we can coordinate a project between a few of us?

@samsepi0l and @Dave_S - you guys would be great for this. What do you think?
02-14-2019, 03:49 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2019 03:57 AM by samsepi0l.)
Quote:@samsepi0l and @Dave_S - you guys would be great for this. What do you think?

I saw the link- he is super talented. The carshape looks great. Right now my ICR2 time is split between actually playing the game (I am running a 1989 season right now with 20 races and my 89 carset) and developing some things. I am at "glenboot" trying to make the AI better. I've got it much better but still not perfect. I did make a 1999 carset last year but it's only images- I need to compile it to the actual carset file. I started a 1985 carset but I've only done a few cars. (all of this stuff was the same reynard carshape) Honestly I'm kind of "ehhhh" when it comes to the modern indycar stuff. In my mind Indianapolis Motor Speedway is still the "bad" guy. Long live CART. I was 16 when the series split. To me the "greatest spectacle in racing" will always be the "us 500". I like watching the newer (modern) indycar videos on youtube because the camera work and resolution are amazing. The colors are so bright. But I really prefer the older stuff so much more. Even know I have every race on video from 1985 till 2000 they are mostly only 480P. I'd still rather watch that stuff than the new ones. If you guys wanted me to do the modern cars I would do it just because of the demand but it would have to be after I figured out how to add objects and modify tracks. I still need to build or get a bunch of tracks completed with objects (Rio oval, Tamiami, Denver 90, Detroit 91, San Air) I need to have Pavel inject my brain with his track editing skills!
02-14-2019, 06:17 AM
(02-14-2019 03:49 AM)samsepi0l Wrote:  
Quote:@samsepi0l and @Dave_S - you guys would be great for this. What do you think?

I saw the link- he is super talented. The carshape looks great. Right now my ICR2 time is split between actually playing the game (I am running a 1989 season right now with 20 races and my 89 carset) and developing some things. I am at "glenboot" trying to make the AI better. I've got it much better but still not perfect. I did make a 1999 carset last year but it's only images- I need to compile it to the actual carset file. I started a 1985 carset but I've only done a few cars. (all of this stuff was the same reynard carshape) Honestly I'm kind of "ehhhh" when it comes to the modern indycar stuff. In my mind Indianapolis Motor Speedway is still the "bad" guy. Long live CART. I was 16 when the series split. To me the "greatest spectacle in racing" will always be the "us 500". I like watching the newer (modern) indycar videos on youtube because the camera work and resolution are amazing. The colors are so bright. But I really prefer the older stuff so much more. Even know I have every race on video from 1985 till 2000 they are mostly only 480P. I'd still rather watch that stuff than the new ones. If you guys wanted me to do the modern cars I would do it just because of the demand but it would have to be after I figured out how to add objects and modify tracks. I still need to build or get a bunch of tracks completed with objects (Rio oval, Tamiami, Denver 90, Detroit 91, San Air) I need to have Pavel inject my brain with his track editing skills!

I totally understand your view on the modern IndyCar having also grown up watching CART in the 90s and remembering what made it great. Which is probably why I still play ICR2 being a product of that era. I'm personally excited about some of the tracks that you mentioned as it was my dream to play those back in the 90s (can you make Meadowlands as well?) and I recall being frustrated that a lot of the early mods back then were simply NASCAR conversions. Please keep working on these!!

I still follow the new IndyCar, although I've only had time to watch the Indy 500 and maybe one other race per year. I'm excited that IndyCar seems to be gaining some momentum, but I really wish new fans would understand how truly interesting Indy car was in the 80s-90s, especially with the variety of cars and engines that competed, and the legends of sport that drove them. I could go on and on, but where I think ICR2 comes in is that it's currently not well-known among newer fans but should be a recognized as a gaming classic and a gateway to appreciating a great era of racing. Being able to update the game to 2019 might be a good way to welcome new fans, and it's cool that half of the 2019 schedule is already part of the default ICR2 tracks (now that they're going back to Laguna Seca)!

I am currently channeling my energy into a tool to make painting cars more accessible and my hope is that modders can easily make 2019, 2018 and all the many years left to make.
02-14-2019, 07:45 AM
Pavel already did both meadowlands configurations. They are insane. I already raced the newer configuration in my 89 season.
02-14-2019, 01:37 PM
Here's the thread from last year:
https://www.icr2.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1265

As for my own involvement on a UAK18 carset, I could only see myself committing to 4-5 cars. I would be happy to share my stash of sponsor logos and stylized drivers' numbers for anyone working on this project.

02-14-2019, 04:19 PM
I'd be happy to have a crack at the AI performance in the Drivers2.txt file.
02-14-2019, 05:11 PM
(02-14-2019 01:37 PM)Dave_S Wrote:  Here's the thread from last year:
https://www.icr2.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1265

As for my own involvement on a UAK18 carset, I could only see myself committing to 4-5 cars. I would be happy to share my stash of sponsor logos and stylized drivers' numbers for anyone working on this project.

I have a terrible memory... that was my own thread on this very topic that I forgot about. @Arenacale has made at least a couple of the Penske cars. I believe BobLogSan has a Rossi car, so that's a start. Whoever taking on the project will probably want to collect what's been done already.
02-15-2019, 02:02 AM
(02-14-2019 03:49 AM)samsepi0l Wrote:  I need to have Pavel inject my brain with his track editing skills!
And I would need an injection of your motivation and enthusiasm. :-)
It is always the same by me. I start a large project highly motivated and without skills. It takes a lot of time to get the skills, and then the motivation is away.
02-19-2019, 03:35 AM
Hmm, this is even making me curious to paint again. Long time since we have seen anything really new.

IIRS Driver Champion (2005-2007, 2010-2014)
IIRS Team Champion (2004-2014)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user