Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few questions that remain.
Hi everyone. I have searched in forum but some questions about the game remain.

1) I have been running the DOS version, 1.0.0, on Dos Box. I`d like to know what vantages I`d have upgrading to 1.0.2 version.

2) I`ve downloaded the rey99 carset by Robert szikszo and I`d like to know how, if possible, to select the car in this carset. For instance, playing with Al unser Jr or Gil de Ferran.

Thanks.
Hi!

1) Game bugs will be fixed.
2) It's possible. You need Cowtown manager to move cars in carset. Because player can only use first car from carset.
or open up the relevant cars dat file, identify the mip file name of the car you want and rename it as ind95
It can be done as stig suggests, but not nearly as easy as he makes it sound. There's not just the .mip but a .3do also, and the original ind95 files will have to be renamed to what yours was originally because having duplicate names in the .dat file or not having one that should be there will cause problems.
(02-08-2016, 11:36 PM)CowtownBob Wrote: It can be done as stig suggests, but not nearly as easy as he makes it sound. There's not just the .mip but a .3do also, and the original ind95 files will have to be renamed to what yours was originally because having duplicate names in the .dat file or not having one that should be there will cause problems.

This cowtown manager that Pavel suggested sounds easier to me Smiley

(02-08-2016, 07:07 AM)Pavel 69 Wrote: Hi!

1) Game bugs will be fixed.
2) It's possible. You need Cowtown manager to move cars in carset. Because player can only use first car from carset.

Thanks. Man, where can I download this Cowtown manager? I haven`t found in Headquarter.
Well, my distribution copy is on a SCSI-3 hard drive whose computer that died about 8 years ago, so unless someone else has a copy of it they can share you may be SOL. The old way isn't really hard, you just need to unpack the .dat file and rename the four appropriate files.
It's here http://www.icr2.net/forum/showthread.php...13#pid3013
It has worked, thanks Pavel
Before I updated the Dos version to 1.02, I`d had the decapitated helmet damage issue. After the update, this issue remains. Does Anyone know if it is possible to fix? How I said before, I`ve been playing with the rey99 carset downloaded in:
http://www.icr2.net/forum/showthread.php...ght=helmet
It's carset problem. Carset with reynard carshape had wrong damaged model. I had made fix some time ago.