Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ICR2 on Android with DOSbox?
Now that I have a decently fast Android phone, might as well try to install DosBox and ICR2 on it. Is this is silly idea? Has anyone here tried this already?
watch out tjerk, people might accuse you of being a geek Wink2
I'll check with my colleagues tomorrow. They will know if it possible

Edit: it is possible to get dosbox on it. No idea about icr2
IIRS Driver Champion (2005-2007, 2010-2014)
IIRS Team Champion (2004-2014)
I have seen several versions of DOSbox for Android. DosBox Turbo looks the most promising and the 3 Euro won't be wasted if i can get ICR2 to run on it. Not too sure how controls would work, but I'm sure they have that covered one way or the other. I will just try it I guess.
Turbo was advised, both for Dosbox and while racing ICR2
Hehe, nice one.

Next problem: I don't seem to have a copy of ICR2 any more. Maybe my departure from this game was slightly too radical Smiley

Is asking for a good abdandonware link still frowned upon? Consider the question never asked then :p
Tsk....

Try the link for the demo at Thenorwaypits. That one might still work.
Good idea!

Edit: I found a demo but it's an EXE that my computer can't handle it seems :< I have downloaded the full version as a ZIP instead :p I DID buy the game back in 1996 or so you know... although I would be hard pressed to find the receipt to prove it.

Another edit: Wow that was pretty effortless! DOSbox runs great on Android. I only needed to increase the memory used by DOS from 8Mb to 32Mb to get ICR2 running. Sound is a bit crackly and I am not sure I am running hi-res graphics yet. The controls are pretty nice with the gamepad overlay. That gamepad is hardly noticeable in the picture and of course I am using automatic shifting.

I had also problems with the sound at the beginning. But after some adjustments in the DOSBox config file it's OK.
I set the mixer rate to 16000. On my notepad speaker there's almost no difference to higher values while playing, only in the replays the sound volume drops in the braking zones.
But probably more important was, that I set the cpu cycles to fixed. I set it to a low value. The graphic was very slow. Then I adjusted it with CTRL+F11 and CTRL+F12 to the highest possible value before the sound started cracking. The changed values are visible in the DOSBox window. After I had the right value, I put it in the config file.
Thanks a lot for those tips, they will probably come in handy. In the mean time I have also installed ICR2 on DOSbox on my laptop, there it works flawlessly.