Logo
Current time: 10-20-2019, 02:31 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Drivers2.txt Season Performance files
02-02-2019, 10:53 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2019 10:56 AM by JR82.)
Drivers2.txt Season Performance files
for 90-01 & also '18 carsets i have used the following formula = as i had found that power seems to set the default grid & grip seems to alter the race i have used 800 as the top power which all Drivers who set a pole position in that particular season & 600 as the top grip which is for those who won a race, for a driver that had a best of 2nd is a 10pt deficit i.e 790 & 590 for the top values, for the bottom value i have used thier ave position, so an ave grid of 6.3 is a value of 737 & 15th is 650 for the grid as an example. Drag is based on title contenders having the best figures & aggression i left as it is as i am not sure what it does exactly. during testing which i have now completed (tested all for 100% race distance & also 10% for balance) & i have found that all title contenders are in the running for the title in the respective seasons, the only exception has been if one of those drivers have a few DNF's which i am not sure how to edit that as it seems random (even tho in seasons some cars have more than others). The Champions tend to win it via constancy as opposed to winning 10+ races etc which is very much how it was in the real seasons, for example a Champion may win 4-6 races but have 12-15 top 5's as the reason the Title was won. Feel free to have a fiddle & keep us all updated on the changes made.
I have given the Players car the same values as the Champion for each respective season.

P.S Cars are ordered in Championship order for those who competed in each race then in races competed in, so if your carset is ordered different copy/paste each drivers values into the file you have.
Enjoy!

Attached File(s)
.zip  Drivers2.txt.zip (Size: 20.91 KB / Downloads: 16)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2019, 11:58 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2019 12:00 PM by Ronaldo Melo.)
RE: Drivers2.txt Season Performance files
That's interesting . Now talking about the DNFs I found that by greatly increasing a driver's aggressiveness values the likelihood of him suffering a DNF increases substantially, I tested and increased the aggressiveness of some drivers and saw that they were having more mechanical failures and accidents than drivers with low values.
02-04-2019, 09:25 PM
Interesting you mention that, what settings did you test with?
Given that in seasons some drivers have more DNF's than others i have been convinced there was a way to edit it but have never known how even tho i had a feeling the aggression settings have to there for some reason.
02-05-2019, 01:23 PM
(02-03-2019 11:58 AM)Ronaldo Melo Wrote:  That's interesting . Now talking about the DNFs I found that by greatly increasing a driver's aggressiveness values the likelihood of him suffering a DNF increases substantially, I tested and increased the aggressiveness of some drivers and saw that they were having more mechanical failures and accidents than drivers with low values.

(02-04-2019 09:25 PM)JR82 Wrote:  Interesting you mention that, what settings did you test with?
Given that in seasons some drivers have more DNF's than others i have been convinced there was a way to edit it but have never known how even tho i had a feeling the aggression settings have to there for some reason.

Wonder if this works for the human player too... I am racing a 20 race season now at home. I am on race 14 of 20 and I have only broken-down once this year.
02-07-2019, 09:30 AM
Just did a test season with some values, the higher # cars did seem to have more DNF's but not an amount that stood out, interestingly a car had 000 as it's bottom value & that seemed to have a few....
02-07-2019, 02:10 PM
(02-07-2019 09:30 AM)JR82 Wrote:  Just did a test season with some values, the higher # cars did seem to have more DNF's but not an amount that stood out, interestingly a car had 000 as it's bottom value & that seemed to have a few....

I think we need more hard data before coming to any solid conclusions.
02-07-2019, 11:03 PM
(02-07-2019 02:10 PM)samsepi0l Wrote:  
(02-07-2019 09:30 AM)JR82 Wrote:  Just did a test season with some values, the higher # cars did seem to have more DNF's but not an amount that stood out, interestingly a car had 000 as it's bottom value & that seemed to have a few....

I think we need more hard data before coming to any solid conclusions.

Might do some seasons & take notes on how many DNF's per value etc.
02-09-2019, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2019 12:46 PM by Ronaldo Melo.)
I opened the Drivers200 file that you sent and increased the aggressiveness values of the drivers, I tried to base it on that season, I increased more the values of the drivers who suffered most in real life failures and also of drivers who were already known for the aggressiveness. finally I tested in five tracks and the race with the lowest number of DNF's was 7, there was a race in which 17 of the 26 drivers suffered failures. So I'll leave the modified file here for you to test.

Attached File(s)
.txt  Drivers200.txt (Size: 3.94 KB / Downloads: 14)
02-09-2019, 02:16 PM
(02-09-2019 12:38 PM)Ronaldo Melo Wrote:  I opened the Drivers200 file that you sent and increased the aggressiveness values of the drivers, I tried to base it on that season, I increased more the values of the drivers who suffered most in real life failures and also of drivers who were already known for the aggressiveness. finally I tested in five tracks and the race with the lowest number of DNF's was 7, there was a race in which 17 of the 26 drivers suffered failures. So I'll leave the modified file here for you to test.

Cheers for that, more testing still to do to sort out the DNF's if at all possible.
02-09-2019, 11:33 PM
(02-09-2019 12:38 PM)Ronaldo Melo Wrote:  I opened the Drivers200 file that you sent and increased the aggressiveness values of the drivers, I tried to base it on that season, I increased more the values of the drivers who suffered most in real life failures and also of drivers who were already known for the aggressiveness. finally I tested in five tracks and the race with the lowest number of DNF's was 7, there was a race in which 17 of the 26 drivers suffered failures. So I'll leave the modified file here for you to test.

Just did a season with this file, there were some DNF's among the field, tho Brack with a value in the 700's had more DNF's compared to those with a value in the 900's but yer there were a few DNF's across the field, might need to do some further testing & taking note of how many for each value over a few seasons & see if anything stands out.