Detroit downtown circuit (WIP thread)
(02-09-2022, 08:26 PM)samsepi0l Wrote: I hear you there.... I don't go into the detail level you do (pillars and overhangs and such) and I still only get 1 to 3 buildings done per day. That's spending probably 4 hours per day on denver lately.

I thought that building needed a bit more detail since the driver would be looking straight at it and traveling at maybe 30 mph. Otherwise I would just make it a simple box.
I'll retire during the first lap with engine failure, crawling back to the pits and enjoy the sight of all these beautyful buildings.....!
Watching progress of both Detroit and Denver and I like them very mach! Great work!
This is Cobo Hall, a hard one to make but it's getting there!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2069]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-22-2022, 08:39 AM)checkpoint10 Wrote: This is Cobo Hall, a hard one to make but it's getting there!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2069]

Wow- your buildings are a lot harder than mine, you go into more detail also. I'm jealous!
Added textures to Cobo Hall
Here is the latest scene from Detroit. I made some updates to the palette and textures of asphalt and walls. The old Detroit circuit had some pretty dirty walls which I was hoping to better capture here. I will use MRK to apply walls all over the track and try to make the light/dark sections based on which direction the track is heading relative to the sun.

Thanks Pavel for helping me with MRK earlier.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2077]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Just a quick update today to show recent changes to the palette and that it still works in the game.

It's been a while since I posted a playable version of Detroit. This one includes all the new objects I've been working on. I removed some placeholders from the previous version, so some parts of the track may still look empty.

There is no AI so please stay in preseason mode.

Feedback appreciated!

.zip   detroi91-4.8.22.zip (Size: 1.45 MB / Downloads: 16)
What kind of feedback would you like?