SG files and new editing tools
(08-27-2021, 10:55 AM)Pavel 69 Wrote: Meantime I was thinking why with my center wall fix cars draw properly. And I think the reason is I moved all DYNO's to the LIST at the end. So I want to try this with simple section too. I will relocate single DYNO from BSPA to the LIST. I'm going to test this during weekend.
I hope that works! I ran into game crashes when I previously tried to move DYNO around just within the BSPA.
Ha-ha! Yes! My theory works  Guitarist Afro I've moved DYNO to the end of the list and downhill after T1 at Elkhart now looks perfect  Grin3.
Now I need to write bat file to automataized process and then fix batch of tracks: two Elkhart versions, three Mid-Ohio versions and five versions of Lagune Seca.  Shocked
(08-31-2021, 05:59 PM)Pavel 69 Wrote: Ha-ha! Yes! My theory works  Guitarist Afro I've moved DYNO to the end of the list and downhill after T1 at Elkhart now looks perfect  Grin3.
Now I need to write bat file to automataized process and then fix batch of tracks: two Elkhart versions, three Mid-Ohio versions and five versions of Lagune Seca.  Shocked

Pavel - help us build denver or detroit downtown as well.... Afro
(08-31-2021, 05:59 PM)Pavel 69 Wrote: Ha-ha! Yes! My theory works  Guitarist Afro I've moved DYNO to the end of the list and downhill after T1 at Elkhart now looks perfect  Grin3.

Wow, can you post an illustration of how exactly you did it? I can also update my scripts to do this, since I already had something set up to read and change the track .3D files.
My idea on how change BSP tree in track sectione I've illustrated in previous post. Idea is to move DYNO (cars) from BSP that draw walls to the list with surfaces.

Below is example of one setion without and with fix. I now want to aply fix to whole track and test it.

Attached Files
.zip   elkhart_sec5.zip (Size: 2.17 KB / Downloads: 25)
(08-31-2021, 07:31 PM)Pavel 69 Wrote: My idea on how change BSP tree in track sectione I've illustrated in previous post. Idea is to move DYNO (cars) from BSP that draw walls to the list with surfaces.

Below is example of one setion without and with fix. I now want to aply fix to whole track and test it.

Ok. So it looks like we are doing the following:
1) Replace existing DYNO with nil
2) Add DYNO to the track section's main LIST after the track surfaces and before the TSD ("%Output the racing line")

And you got this to work by modifying the HI section only? You did not have to edit the MED or LO sections?
All. Hi, Med and Low
By the way, while we are still manually doing this, which track section do you target to make this change? For example if Section 1 is before a crest and Section 2 is after the crest, do you fix the section before or after the crest? And do you have to do this for all subsections within a section?

I will try this on Nashville as soon as I can, and report back if it works. If all goes well, I may have some more time later this week to create a script to do this automatically onto the .3d file. We may also let nooRok know if this should be included as an option in the 3d23do.py converter.
All sections before and after crest. But I never did such deep tests.
Now I think it's better to fix whole track (if fix works 100%). But I don't know how it can be made through script. Because script should decide how many walls section has and then apply fix accordingly.
I made a script to apply the fix to almost all of the sections, HI, MED and LO. Results are encouraging so far, although I can only test it with a single car over the bridge due to lack of AI.

The only place I haven't tested properly is near the pit lane where there are two DYNOs and pit island which I haven't fixed. Unfortunately that happens to be the only other place where I can currently test this, because I have a replay with AI that only lines up with this part of the circuit.

In places with more than one DYNO, should I replace both DYNOs with NIL and move both DYNOs to the end of the LIST, one after the other?