Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nashville Street Circuit (WIP thread)
(12-05-2020, 10:47 PM)samsepi0l Wrote:
(12-05-2020, 06:09 PM)checkpoint10 Wrote:
(12-05-2020, 01:39 AM)samsepi0l Wrote: For once I am earlier than expected.

These LPs are far from perfect.  I did test them in a race and the only thing I did not like was that passing was difficult.  The PIT.LP crosses the wall a little bit at the very exit of the pit but I think this is due to a track.txt issue, not the LP.  I will fine tune this again but this should get us going.

Thanks for your help on this. Realized the starting point is in a weird place and AI cars may be going through walls at the start as well, but hopefully that is just a track.txt issue as well.

I use a single-file start with a yellow pace lap.  The PACE.LP is just a RACE.LP.  I did not think of this but I would need to change it for a 2 lane pace lap.  I will troubleshoot this more as my only testing was watching 10 AI cars race.

One quirk about Nashville is that it is similar to Mid-Ohio where the start actually happens on the straightaway after crossing the bridge (not at the finish line in front of the stadium) in order to take advantage of the wide section. Is it possible for ICR2 to handle something like that without messing up the pace lap? I know that in ICR2 the Mid-Ohio start is not where it is in real-life.
checkpoint10 Wrote:Is it possible for ICR2 to handle something like that without messing up the pace lap? I know that in ICR2 the Mid-Ohio start is not where it is in real-life.

You'd have to find the right DLONG and mess with the greenflag item in the text file.
You can set the "green flag drop" for wherever on the track. You edit the GFLAG section in the track.txt file. It will not affect your Pace.lp
(12-06-2020, 05:52 AM)thestig88 Wrote: You can set the "green flag drop" for wherever on the track. You edit the GFLAG section in the track.txt file. It will not affect your Pace.lp

bewarned- I have seen strange behavior with GFLAG.

A few weeks ago I was racing at road-atlanta. As the pace car was completing the pace lap and pulling in the pits, the cars would reach the start/finish line and for some reason they would just stop until the pace car was parking in it's pit position. As a result, it was like a pace lap with a stop at the end, and then a standing start. In order to find a way around this problem I had to make the DLONG for GFLAG "1" so that it was just barely after the start finish lap. I don't know why this worked, but it did. Strange enough after the pace lap for a brief second I was seeing "one lap until green" flash on the screen as well.

The moral of the story, is that if you are doing a pace lap, the point that the pace car pull into, drives in, and parks in the pit affects when the track goes green. I don't fully understand why yet.
Posting a new version of Nashville. Includes trees, Exxon sign, and samsepi0l's LP files.

@samsepi0l That is good to know about GFLAG. I don't mind if we make the race start at the beginning of the stadium if it works best with the game, but we can play around with track.txt values later and see how it goes.

Edit: Removed attachment. See latest post
(12-06-2020, 05:47 PM)checkpoint10 Wrote: Posting a new version of Nashville. Includes trees, Exxon sign, and samsepi0l's LP files.

@samsepi0l That is good to know about GFLAG. I don't mind if we make the race start at the beginning of the stadium if it works best with the game, but we can play around with track.txt values later and see how it goes.

Honestly, I can't tell you those LPs are the best I can do. I think once the track is very mature from a graphics sense I will probably be much quicker and better at driving here which will help make the opponents more difficult and more realistic. Normally when I have a new track like this I incorporate it to one of my 100% distance season races where it counts towards a championship. When that happens I really debug and nit-pick a track to the best I can. I will make better AI for you when we get to this point. I will also try and get a bulletproof track.txt with no bugs.
Hi all.

I@ve forgotten my password.. I have requested a new one a couple of weeks ago but I did not receive it..I found an older password reset e-mail from Tjerk and somehow it worked.it is nice to be back.
(11-30-2020, 05:42 PM)checkpoint10 Wrote: I was wondering if anyone has a replay of a fast and clean lap of Nashville. I'm working on replay cameras and also wanted to make a video trailer of the track showing what a lap is supposed to be like. I'm much too far off the pace!

I have a 1.13.5xx and a 1.12.952 replay files.They are from the Win95 version of the game if you are still interested.I may have brushed the wall once in the lap.
(12-13-2020, 04:16 AM)jaeger Wrote:
(11-30-2020, 05:42 PM)checkpoint10 Wrote: I was wondering if anyone has a replay of a fast and clean lap of Nashville. I'm working on replay cameras and also wanted to make a video trailer of the track showing what a lap is supposed to be like. I'm much too far off the pace!

I have a 1.13.5xx and a 1.12.952 replay files.They are from the Win95 version of the game if you are still interested.I may have brushed the wall once in the lap.

Sure, please post the replay files, and good to see you back.
(12-13-2020, 06:32 AM)checkpoint10 Wrote:
(12-13-2020, 04:16 AM)jaeger Wrote:

Sure, please post the replay files, and good to see you back.

Here they are..

Attached Files
.zip   NashRpy.zip (Size: 20.88 KB / Downloads: 1)