Forums
Rio Oval basic layout by Wolf_pd - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.icr2.net/forum)
+-- Forum: CART Racing Headquarters (https://www.icr2.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Indycar Racing 2 - CART Racing (ICR2) (https://www.icr2.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Rio Oval basic layout by Wolf_pd (/showthread.php?tid=1060)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Rio Oval basic layout by Wolf_pd - Wolf_pd - 04-22-2020

(04-22-2020, 12:42 AM)checkpoint10 Wrote: Here it is - Version 1.0 of the Rio oval. Big thanks to samsepi0l for the LP files.

To everyone: The track is in "rioval.zip".

To modders: I have included the source files in "rioval-source.zip" - refer to the readme for brief description of the folder structure

This was another great community effort and I'd like to credit the following individuals who made this happen:

Foxman - track geometry
Pavel 69 - additional editing
checkpoint10 - trackside objects, textures, additional track geometry
Dennis - car setup ("RIO_D")
samsepi0l - LP files, track.txt, additional testing

Thank you as always to everyone on this forum for the support and encouragement during this project.

Small correction, Foxman did the track geometry. I only made the sg file Foxman send me into a base track

RE: Rio Oval basic layout by Wolf_pd - Wolf_pd - 04-22-2020

Apart from that, congrats on a job well done.

RE: Rio Oval basic layout by Wolf_pd - checkpoint10 - 04-22-2020

(04-22-2020, 01:05 AM)Wolf_pd Wrote: Small correction, Foxman did the track geometry. I only made the sg file Foxman send me into a base track
Made the edit. You deserve credit too for bringing this track to light.

RE: Rio Oval basic layout by Wolf_pd - Hardrockracer - 04-22-2020

(04-22-2020, 12:42 AM)checkpoint10 Wrote: - @Hardrockracer if there is a way to move player's pit we can try that
Well if I look into it I might be able to help based on the pit position adjustments I made on other tracks back in the day. I can of course supply those files. Concerning the Rio pits I would definitely have to dust off some memories on how we did that back then.

I just found a written documentation from Bob Seaman on how to edit the pit position. Unbelivable.

RE: Rio Oval basic layout by Wolf_pd - jaeger - 04-22-2020

(04-22-2020, 12:42 AM)checkpoint10 Wrote: Here it is - Version 1.0 of the Rio oval. Big thanks to samsepi0l for the LP files.

To modders: I have included the source files in "rioval-source.zip" - refer to the readme for brief description of the folder structure

This was another great community effort and I'd like to credit the following individuals who made this happen:

Foxman/Wolf_pd - track geometry and SG file

Thank you as always to everyone on this forum for the support and encouragement during this project.

Known issues / to-dos for future versions (please provide any feedback and I'll add it to the list here):
- The static bridge cam
- Skid marks
- Draw order issues when looking at buildings at some unusual angles
- @Hardrockracer if there is a way to move player's pit we can try that

Thank you everyone again.

RE: Rio Oval basic layout by Wolf_pd - thestig88 - 04-22-2020

Many thanks! Absolutely love it!

RE: Rio Oval basic layout by Wolf_pd - JR82 - 04-22-2020

Foxman/Wolf_pd - track geometry and SG file

Known issues / to-dos for future versions (please provide any feedback and I'll add it to the list here):
- The static bridge cam
- Skid marks
- Draw order issues when looking at buildings at some unusual angles
- @Hardrockracer if there is a way to move player's pit we can try that
This looks amazing, thx to all involved.

RE: Rio Oval basic layout by Wolf_pd - samsepi0l - 04-22-2020

Guys- my LPs are not perfect. If you see the CC's doing something stupid, please post a video so I can learn from my mistakes. Getting field use like this is a great way to find issues, and help me learn- so I can do better in the future.

RE: Rio Oval basic layout by Wolf_pd - jbrando - 04-23-2020

I just downloaded the track.Is there a picture for this track.

RE: Rio Oval basic layout by Wolf_pd - checkpoint10 - 04-23-2020

(04-23-2020, 02:20 AM)jbrando Wrote: I just downloaded the track.Is there a picture for this track.

The new version of Rio is a little buried in the thread now, but if you download the one here: https://icr2.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1060&pid=9531#pid9531
you should see the picture in the track selection screen.