Forums

Full Version: Daytona keeps crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've done so many Daytona events. I tried doing a Duel race, but with 13 laps to go the game crashed. A few minutes ago, I did the Daytona 500, but with 4 laps to go, my game crashed. Daytona just keeps on crashing!!! Help?

-Thanks, SimRacer134
What version of Daytona are you using? And have you patched Nascar game with latest patch? Because unpatched game crashed with some addon tracks.
(01-16-2022, 12:43 PM)PavelĀ 69 Wrote: [ -> ]What version of Daytona are you using? And have you patched Nascar game with latest patch? Because unpatched game crashed with some addon tracks.
I'm using the Daytona on this site in the archive. Also, the game is not patched.
Ok, then try to install patch. Extract files to game folder and run Install.exe
Thanks. I will reply in a few hours because I'm going to do the full Daytona 500.
I tried a different Daytona, which is actually very good, but there is this weird glitch where the car will teleport out of the map and the game crashes. I finished the 500 11th, but I tried again, and it crashed at lap 56. I patched the game, but it seems like it's not helping anything.
Strange. What version of Daytona it was where you see this glitch?

Today I rarely play Nascar 1, prefer Nascar2/99 and Nascar 3. But I used to run it under WinXP using VDMSound. I had game crashes with converted tracks from N3 like Daytona and IMS. But then I found that my game was not patched to latest version. I've installed patch and it helped to solve this crashes with errors. Those errors were related to game memory. N3 Daytona and IMS use more memory than default N1 tracks. Also they had some bad 3do's. So I made my versions where I tried to fix bad objects. But still tracks are heavy. So make sure that your game has enough memory for track, cars and replay.

I think you are using DosBox to run Nascar 1. Because N1 and ICR2 are similar so check various topics about ICR2 and DosBox here. Also check GPlaps tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eHj6sgy52Y
I am using Dosbox to run Nascar. If I understand, you want me to use something else other than dosbox? Otherwise, change the memory? I will try to do those next week, I start work now.
(01-18-2022, 02:34 PM)SimRacer134 Wrote: [ -> ]I am using Dosbox to run Nascar. If I understand, you want me to use something else other than dosbox? Otherwise, change the memory? I will try to do those next week, I start work now.
Yes, you can try to adjust some memory settings in DosBox, maybe it will help.
Pavel 69 Wrote:
SimRacer134 Wrote:I am using Dosbox to run Nascar. If I understand, you want me to use something else other than dosbox? Otherwise, change the memory? I will try to do those next week, I start work now.
Yes, you can try to adjust some memory settings in DosBox, maybe it will help.
I have the memory at 64. Does it need to be higher than that or is that enough? Also, I am using DosBox ECE, maybe that makes a difference.
Pages: 1 2