Forums

Full Version: Nashville Street Circuit (WIP thread)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
(08-28-2021, 06:39 PM)checkpoint10 Wrote: [ -> ]The narrow part has a straight centerline way off to the right, and the drivable track is at various distances relative to the centerline, to make the uphill chicane. This was done to make it possible to have the drivable sections close together without teleporting from one section to another.

I am not so familiar with AI creation. What do the numbers mean? Are you not even able to generate LP files at all? Or you can but the AI will behave erratically?

The numbers are: track section, speed, Coriolis, lateral position (distance to centerline)
As you can see, after the problem point, there are no relevant speed values in the first case, and no relevant position values in the second case.
To make LP files, you need these values. If you don't have it, you need to make it manually. But how to make it realistic, without any references? And I don't know how the AI will behave, if you put in some values, but the layout is still problematic.
Most important you need lateral positions. Speed and coriolis values can be done manually. But also lateral positions can be entered manually sometimes. It all depends on how 'workable' LP Trafo generates.
Pavel based on what you see, do you think there’s still a chance, not ready to give up on this layout yet?
Where to find latest version? And can you give me sg file too?
(08-29-2021, 01:12 AM)Pavel 69 Wrote: [ -> ]Where to find latest version? And can you give me sg file too?

Latest is here including SG. https://www.icr2.net/forum/showthread.ph...3#pid11043

I’m away from computer right now but I can post a nicer version of it tonight. Since the link above, I think I made only one small change to the SG to widen the braking zone on the long straightaway coming back to the stadium side, but that should not affect the problem areas.
FYI all- I have seen that different versions of DOSBOX give different results with TRAFO.

I have better luck with ECE, versus standard DOSBOX.

I thing it was long beach (original, factory long beach). Trafo simply was missing data in huge sections on one of the straightaways with standard dosbox .74. When I tried with ECE it worked good.
It's taking a bit more time for me to get the track to a better state to post again. I'm trying to at least put in all the brake markers and better TV cameras which I think I'll complete in the next couple nights. I also slightly reconfigured the chicane exit (where it gets back onto the main road) because I think it was too gentle of a turn previously.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1861]
your chicane up by the football stadium sure reminds me of how pavel's "paul tracy crash" chicane looks in miami-95
The chicane is the one where you choose to go directly into the pits or take the turn onto the frontstraight?
(08-30-2021, 05:21 AM)Wolf_pd Wrote: [ -> ]The chicane is the one where you choose to go directly into the pits or take the turn onto the frontstraight?

flow is counter-clockwise in this photo
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25