Forums

Full Version: Nashville Street Circuit (WIP thread)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Dale Jr. talked about this track on his podcast with Josef Newgarden! Link here. It starts around 1:19:00.

"I saw, I don't remember who did it, but somebody went on an old Papyrus IndyCar game that was 20 years old and made a track out of a program called Sandbox of what the track's going to look like." 

Aside from the awesomeness of being mentioned by Dale Jr., I am very surprised that he knew that you needed Sandbox to create tracks for ICR2!!
Dude I am so jealous you have no idea..... Funny thing is right now as I sit here and drink my coffee, I probably know the track better than the real drivers only because I had to learn it good enough to make the AI hahahaha!
(07-29-2021, 01:59 PM)samsepi0l Wrote: [ -> ]Dude I am so jealous you have no idea..... Funny thing is right now as I sit here and drink my coffee, I probably know the track better than the real drivers only because I had to learn it good enough to make the AI hahahaha!

I'd say you get a big part of his shout out, because he was probably referring to a video I had posted recently that featured your AI racing.

It's funny, I would've expected a version of Nashville for a newer sim by now, or a more professional simulated "preview" from the race promoter, but I haven't seen anything yet in public.
"Indycar racing drivers flock to old Papyrus sim as it has the only decent rendition of Nashville streetcourse"

I want them to say that Grin3
(07-31-2021, 04:17 AM)Wolf_pd Wrote: [ -> ]"Indycar racing drivers flock to old Papyrus sim as it has the only decent rendition of Nashville streetcourse"

I want them to say that Grin3

A big part of what draws me to ICR2 modding instead of the newer sims, is that the newer sims have raised the standards so high that it would take a near-professional team and a long time to get acceptable results. I certainly don't have time to model every detail of a building as in the newer sims, but in ICR2 you can get away with a simple box.
Finally, we get a professional simulation of the Nashville circuit: https://twitter.com/HondaRacing_HPD/stat...27299?s=20

I'd like to say the ICR2 version got pretty close given the limitation of the engine and less resources!
Is this track with workable AI?
(08-11-2021, 12:03 AM)JR82 Wrote: [ -> ]Is this track with workable AI?

Not fully. The version posted some time ago, has AI that partially work but doesn't have pace lap or pitting, I believe.

I'm working on a hopefully more accurate version of Nashville - progress being posted in the other track editing thread. It is quite challenging to bring the two sides of the bridge together as the real track does.
New pit lane and chicane concept.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1827]
Chicane looks good, and stadium too Smiley Isn't pit lane too short fort 20 + more cars?

What about to let centerline follow pit road instead of main track?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25