Forums

Full Version: Nashville Street Circuit (WIP thread)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
(11-11-2021, 03:57 PM)samsepi0l Wrote: [ -> ]Call me crazy, but I wonder if there is something going on with the track.txt PIT numbers that is causing this. I have seen cars disappear near pit entrances/exits and I think I fixed it this way before.

That is certainly possible. When you are working on the AI for this track, would you mind playing with the PIT numbers to see if that makes a difference?
Quote:When you are working on the AI for this track, would you mind playing with the PIT numbers to see if that makes a difference?

As soon as we don't see crashing anymore I intend on fine tuning the LPs and the PIT TXT. This will probably be my first test of the checkpoint/dennis/python rpy2lp also. Happy
How has this track been testing the last few weeks? I have had a hell of a lot to do at work but now that we have things figured out and life is somewhat getting back to normal I want to help finish this out.
I haven't tested Nashville on long runs lately, since I've shifted most of my spare time to setting up the next phase of the Detroit build. Looks like no takers so far for the latest Nashville version.

I had felt pretty good anyway with the latest version that we found the culprit. If you have time and can drive a stint or two, I would appreciate seeing if you run into any trouble. But I know you're busy with Denver and other things so no worries if you want to prioritize those.
(11-27-2021, 05:45 PM)checkpoint10 Wrote: [ -> ]If you have time and can drive a stint or two, I would appreciate seeing if you run into any trouble. But I know you're busy with Denver and other things so no worries if you want to prioritize those.

I have had time to work on Denver (while I am at work in my "free time" in the office) but I need my home-rig to do LPs. Obviously I need to play the game so I need my wheel and pedals. I have been working crazy hours because 2 of my coworkers are out with injuries so that gives me lots of Denver time and very little Nashville opportunity. I want to help you finish Nashville for many reasons. We've got to use that new replay tool right!?
(11-28-2021, 07:18 AM)samsepi0l Wrote: [ -> ]I have had time to work on Denver (while I am at work in my "free time" in the office) but I need my home-rig to do LPs. Obviously I need to play the game so I need my wheel and pedals. I have been working crazy hours because 2 of my coworkers are out with injuries so that gives me lots of Denver time and very little Nashville opportunity. I want to help you finish Nashville for many reasons. We've got to use that new replay tool right!?

Hope you are staying healthy and safe yourself. As for the replay to LP tool, I may try to apply it to Detroit just to have something playable, but my schedule is also kind of hectic at the moment with a lot of other commitments coming first. So I'm just doing what I can do in tiny pieces, like making a building here and there.
Quote:Hope you are staying healthy and safe yourself. As for the replay to LP tool, I may try to apply it to Detroit just to have something playable, but my schedule is also kind of hectic at the moment with a lot of other commitments coming first. So I'm just doing what I can do in tiny pieces, like making a building here and there.

I'm just trying to stay mentally healthy by making progress on the things I love every day. I'm only a few buildings into denver and already I feel so much more up to the challenge of building a complete city hahah.... It's amazing how much more comfortable I am now with track editing!
(11-30-2021, 03:43 PM)samsepi0l Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Hope you are staying healthy and safe yourself. As for the replay to LP tool, I may try to apply it to Detroit just to have something playable, but my schedule is also kind of hectic at the moment with a lot of other commitments coming first. So I'm just doing what I can do in tiny pieces, like making a building here and there.

I'm just trying to stay mentally healthy by making progress on the things I love every day.  I'm only a few buildings into denver and already I feel so much more up to the challenge of building a complete city hahah....  It's amazing how much more comfortable I am now with track editing!

I have seen you make terrific progress over the last months and you have been creating some wonderful tracks. Really great work! I could not be prouder that you guys are still coming up with so much awesome content after all these years.
I am moving a post by Dennis from tamiami to the nashville thread because it is a little more relevant for this track.

(Yesterday, 02:44 AM)Dennis Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2022, 04:23 PM)samsepi0l Wrote: [ -> ]Given the limits of how tight a corner can be made due to track centerline limitations (which is the qualifying problem we discovered in nashville) I was wondering if we could make a second "lane" outside of a tight section which will give the CC's a place to start when the qualifying session is generated. This way the CCs won't be off the drivable portion of the track. Granted they will hit the wall and just bounce in the track onto race.lp- but who cares if it just happens for a split second as the qualifying session starts. It was just an idea I was daydreaming about- something we could do to fix nashville maybe also. I still think we can make a tighter hairpin with even conventional "following the rules" given everything you learned with your "how close can the lines get" experimentation with nashville.
If the AI cars can go through the wall, then it would work, to make an extra surface outside of the track, which reaches over the centerline. Like the pit lane, but without an opening in the trackside wall.
Another note to Nashville, in multiplayer mode the DLAT is limited to ±53,2m (2^20papys).

Isn't the outer border-limit of the CC's defined by the PANIC LP's, not the actual track walls? I wonder if the qualifying crash is just the result of the CC's trying to appear at time=0 outside of MAX/MINPANIC?
(Yesterday, 05:16 AM)samsepi0l Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't the outer border-limit of the CC's defined by the PANIC LP's, not the actual track walls? I wonder if the qualifying crash is just the result of the CC's trying to appear at time=0 outside of MAX/MINPANIC?

I don't know if we ever got to the bottom of why we have that issue in qualifying. I was hoping it was because of some problem with an LP file and maybe it would be resolved once we spend more time with them.

If we have to, I suppose we can create a 2nd SG file that creates an extra track surface only for the .TRK file. We can then keep the first SG file which we use to generate the 3D/3DO.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30