Forums

Full Version: Nashville Street Circuit (WIP thread)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Position data graph... notice the little bit of garbage data recorded in what seems to be the spot right before the 2nd bridge (tight right corner)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1944]

I will work on this more in the next few days... I have a 16 hour shift tomorrow and I need to get some rest...
Appreciate your help looking into this.

I am attaching a zip file with:
- CSV files of 14 laps from your long stint, as converted by my RPY2CSV tool
- NASHINFO.TXT which is the TRK23D -info output 
- NASHSG.CSV which is the data I extracted from my SG2CSV tool

Also please reference the .zip file I attached to the latest version of my track, which has CSV files of the LP files that I included with the track. MINPANIC and MAXPANIC were made based on my fsection boundaries, and the other ones were based on either your replay or other replays I made, but with quite a bit of manual editing.

All the difficulties aside, I feel confident in saying that we've proved that it is *possible* to create AI for a track with such weird characteristics for ICR2. I think we are now at the stage of just increasing the AI's performance and realism.
Did a race for about 10 laps before going into the pits. Coming out of the pits (and before I even reached the pit exit), I got warped into the pitlane island and the game crashed:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1946]

No idea why this would happen, but it seems like it is a problem with the SG. At that part of the track, there are 4 walls - maybe it's too many walls? Or maybe because I made the island grass instead of one continuous asphalt fsection? 

There is also a graphical bug in the chicane because if you following another car at a moderate distance (not too close, not too far) it will disappear momentarily when it is exiting the chicane. All I can think of is there is something the game doesn't like about my car being between Boundary 0 and 1 looking at a car between Boundary 2 and 3.

Edit: I tried again and could not reproduce the error.
(10-23-2021, 04:23 PM)checkpoint10 Wrote: [ -> ]Did a race for about 10 laps before going into the pits. Coming out of the pits (and before I even reached the pit exit), I got warped into the pitlane island and the game crashed...

You can check all sections wall around. Maybe you have double wall somewhere by mistake. Also you can try to remove right side pitlane wall from trk, or better left side wall in chicane. I mean remove it from trk but left it in 3do. I doubt anyone will crash into it.
After all the recent adventures with AI, I felt like just planting some trees. There's 25 of them along the "La Quinta" straightaway.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1949]
Today's version of Nashville. The updates:

- More trees
- I made a small edit to the pit exit in hopes of fixing the warping bug, but I am not 100% sure if it really fixed it (I haven't seen the error ever since). Please let me know if you still encounter the bug, and if possible tell me exactly where it happened.
Quote:- I made a small edit to the pit exit in hopes of fixing the warping bug, but I am not 100% sure if it really fixed it (I haven't seen the error ever since). Please let me know if you still encounter the bug, and if possible tell me exactly where it happened.

If anyone is able to re-create the bug, please upload an ICR2 replay, or post a private video so we can learn from it.
(10-25-2021, 06:49 AM)checkpoint10 Wrote: [ -> ]Today's version of Nashville. The updates:

- More trees
- I made a small edit to the pit exit in hopes of fixing the warping bug, but I am not 100% sure if it really fixed it (I haven't seen the error ever since). Please let me know if you still encounter the bug, and if possible tell me exactly where it happened.
I'll be testing the new version extensively the next few days,will report back.
Quote:I'll be testing the new version extensively the next few days,will report back.

any luck testing this out?
(10-26-2021, 12:13 PM)samsepi0l Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I'll be testing the new version extensively the next few days,will report back.

any luck testing this out?
I did more than 50 laps today occasionally taking different lines,getting close to the walls around the pit exit and the first chicane.So far no warping issues.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29