Forums

Full Version: Nashville Street Circuit (WIP thread)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
I think you need to open chicane a little more. Make it not 90-90 degrees left right turns, but let's say 60-60. Because if there is problems with single car there then how cars during pace lap will move through this place. I fell like two cars side by side will not make it.
Okay, I propose the following change (in red) which involves opening the exit of the chicane and pulling back the entrance of the chicane. What do you all think before I do it?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1934]
(10-21-2021, 02:04 PM)samsepi0l Wrote: [ -> ]I have a strange feeling about this as if we have something going on with our calculation of position.... I wonder if I sent you replays from say, tamiami.... would it determine the same positions compared to trafo?  Would this teach us something?  This may be a good thing to discuss in our TRAFO thread....
I started yesterday to look closer on the data we get with different converters and different calculations, but I need more time for it.

(10-21-2021, 03:08 PM)samsepi0l Wrote: [ -> ]It will be single file (I'm sure) but it will need to have different positions in the proper LPs and we don't want cars dissapearing through walls when you are racing tightly with someone.

Not to mention- do you plan on having me make a two row grid in the text file for 2 wide on the pace lap?  I like to race single file starts, only because it's cleaner.  I was thinking of doing 2 different track.txt lines the user can select which one they want.
What about starting the pace lap on the backstretch after the bridge? So you can avoid the narrow places and weird situations..... at least on the pace lap. But I'm curious about the traffic jam, if the green flag will be at the start/finish line.
On my track, the pace lap starts at 3/4 of the lap, because the lap is so long.
(10-22-2021, 12:56 AM)checkpoint10 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, I propose the following change (in red) which involves opening the exit of the chicane and pulling back the entrance of the chicane. What do you all think before I do it?

Yes, that should be good. You can also place very short section to cut/round off wall corner there.
(10-22-2021, 01:10 AM)Pavel 69 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2021, 12:56 AM)checkpoint10 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, I propose the following change (in red) which involves opening the exit of the chicane and pulling back the entrance of the chicane. What do you all think before I do it?

Yes, that should be good. You can also place very short section to cut/round off wall corner there.
I wouldn't change the centerline. As long as the AI works, I'm sure, they will look much better, than with short sections and sharp corners.
To change the angle of the chicane? Yes, it would make the AI creation easier, and the track more driveable.
What do you all think of this? Wide enough?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1937]
Quote:What do you all think of this? Wide enough?

That looks so much more workable. If you put the track together I will do some laps tonight and come up with a replay.
Yes, I just need to do a few more things to the track like fix my ObjectLists due to having just added a couple of new sections, and fix the MRK at the chicane. Should have those done soon.
Here's the latest version of Nashville with the wider chicane.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1939]
I did a full 40 gallon stint after getting warmed up.  All 28 laps of the stint could be saved.  Best lap 72.626s.  I believe having the chicane opened up makes me slightly faster through there (obviously) but the main improvement that dropped my lap from 73.577s on the previous version was an improvement in my setup.  Having the front ARB stiffer really helps me get through the 'monkey-business' chicane and the curves after it before the first bridge.

You may want to watch that replay and pick a lap you like because not all of the laps are clean.  I even braked too late for the MBC once and it put me in the runoff area (oops!)

[attachment=1940]

I would keep going but I have to be up in about 5 hours for work tomorrow.  I can never sleep on nights I have to work on the next morning.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29