Forums

Full Version: Nashville Street Circuit (WIP thread)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
(10-13-2021, 08:52 PM)Dennis Wrote: [ -> ]You can get the correct record number quite easy. Just create LP files with a higher number of records, and if the game crashes, you know, it was too high, and try it with a lower number.

Probably the speed formula need to be adjusted, because the first chicane is in the SG file a straight (am I right?). At the moment, the speed values won't be corrected on the straights. If it's a problem, let me know, and I'll make an improved formula, because I expect too low speed values there (also if there is a corner in the SG file). But probably you'll need to make the speed values in the chicane by yourself, because if you don't get relevant values with trafo20, there won't be anything to correct with a formula.

I made a 14-lap replay last night and tried to extract some values with trafo....

I was just trying to get good position data, but most of the laps came up with 100% garbage position info. About half of the laps had some of the position info, but not much (only about 25% of the lap)

We have a problem here...
(10-14-2021, 12:26 AM)samsepi0l Wrote: [ -> ]I made a 14-lap replay last night and tried to extract some values with trafo....

I was just trying to get good position data, but most of the laps came up with 100% garbage position info. About half of the laps had some of the position info, but not much (only about 25% of the lap)

We have a problem here...
We've done the impossible before, let's see how we can figure out a solution for this one.

Will you please post your 14-lap replay and we can explore alternate ways to extract the values?
A workaround would be, to drive extreme slow at the problem places (https://www.icr2.net/forum/showthread.ph...5#pid11085) to avoid high coriolis values, to get at least values for the rest of the lap.
Quote:Will you please post your 14-lap replay and we can explore alternate ways to extract the values?

replay attached
14 or so laps with me pushing pretty hard trying to be fast and smooth laptimes about 74s.
[attachment=1914]
(10-14-2021, 02:47 AM)Dennis Wrote: [ -> ]A workaround would be, to drive extreme slow at the problem places (https://www.icr2.net/forum/showthread.ph...5#pid11085) to avoid high coriolis values, to get at least values for the rest of the lap.

Dennis, I am embarrassed I think that you discovered the same problem as me, but you did it first. I am ashamed that I didn't see this coming from your earlier post.

My errors consistently happen at line 38 of the replay-to-text. Yours are very similar showing line 43.

I am not myself today- for the last few days I've been really sneezy, I thought I was getting covid, but now I think I just have a cold. (I do not have any signs of a fever). Anyways last night I took some nyquil before bed and I got very tired. This morning I feel really drowsy and I think I may have made it worse now that I drank 2 coffee's trying to wake up. All I want to do is nap now, but I have 2 more days off and I want to make some progress with these LPs.
(10-14-2021, 02:57 AM)samsepi0l Wrote: [ -> ]I am not myself today- for the last few days I've been really sneezy, I thought I was getting covid, but now I think I just have a cold. (I do not have any signs of a fever). Anyways last night I took some nyquil before bed and I got very tired. This morning I feel really drowsy and I think I may have made it worse now that I drank 2 coffee's trying to wake up. All I want to do is nap now, but I have 2 more days off and I want to make some progress with these LPs.

Hope you feel better soon.
(10-14-2021, 02:57 AM)samsepi0l Wrote: [ -> ]My errors consistently happen at line 38 of the replay-to-text.  Yours are very similar showing line 43. 
This is, because the layout have changed since then, so the places could move. Or there can be more or less problems also.
(10-14-2021, 03:26 AM)checkpoint10 Wrote: [ -> ]Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks - the problem was the nyquil, I don't feel sick just drowsy from it. But after an hour nap and some poptarts I'm much better.

(10-14-2021, 03:29 AM)Dennis Wrote: [ -> ]This is, because the layout have changed since then, so the places could move. Or there can be more or less problems also.

Yes I agree. So the chicane is causing the first problem. The first time i dealt with a chicane that uses shifting of the track instead of a radius it was at glenboot. This however read the replays just fine when I converted them to text. I actually got a really smooth line there in glenboot. I will try going very slowly to get accurate position information. I can get correct speeds from watching my youtube videos, It's position I am worried about.

There has to be a way to better extract position and speed from the replays files... I think a tool to help with this would pay dividends quickly, do you have any ideas checkpoint10? Is there any good documentation on the replay format?
I just ran a very slow group of 3 laps. The first lap coming out of the pits recorded fine, but of course I was on the wrong line since I was leaving the pits. The other 2 had the bug with no usable data from the chicane through most of the lap.

I think It would greatly benefit for this project and future projects if we can find a better way to pull data out of the replays.
Yes, I can look into making a tool that extracts information from replay files. I am hoping it won't be too hard since people already figured this out many years ago. Do you have some examples of RPY files and the corresponding text file you got from TRAFO, to help figure out how to get from one format to the other?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29