Forums

Full Version: Nashville Street Circuit (WIP thread)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Yes, AVUS and full Monza.

Maybe you can make each neighbor straighst in SAFE? I mean for straight A place surfaces and walls for neighbor strait B at the left. And same thing for strait B with neighbor strait A parts at the left. And then try to insert DYNO somewhere there.
I would have thought that the arcade view by itself would put your eye high enough to see the cars over the wall, but I guess maybe not. Back in the day I lowered some of the walls at a few tracks (I know I did the chicanes at Surfers, can't recall the others) enough to just see over them; got anecdotal reports of lower lap times.

This post brought to you by Oh Geeze, That Old Guy is Rambling On Again™
(09-19-2021, 12:34 AM)CowtownBob Wrote: [ -> ]I would have thought that the arcade view by itself would put your eye high enough to see the cars over the wall, but I guess maybe not. Back in the day I lowered some of the walls at a few tracks (I know I did the chicanes at Surfers, can't recall the others) enough to just see over them; got anecdotal reports of lower lap times.

This post brought to you by Oh Geeze, That Old Guy is Rambling On Again™

Lol, not so ramblimg actually. When racing in IIRS I discussed arcade versus cockpit a few times and there were drivers that were adamant driving in arcade improved their sightlines. Surfers would be one where I would believe that right away.
Here's the other side of the bridge as seen from the stadium side - this is just adding another wall in SFE as Pavel suggested. I can also confirm that it doesn't trip the teleportation bug when traveling on the other side, I believe because the car still remains closer to the desired centerline. No cars on the other side yet - I did try to put them in, but the cars were disappearing under the track, probably due to some drawing order problem.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1893]

Otherwise nothing too fancy today, just building out the few remaining corners that have billboards. I particularly liked how the Nurtec corner came out.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1892]

Next priority are the 3 bridges which I almost forgot about, and the recently constructed La Quinta hotel which I want to put more effort into, since it is right next to the track.
(07-29-2021, 04:09 PM)checkpoint10 Wrote: [ -> ][Image: attachment.php?aid=1893]
......Otherwise nothing too fancy today......

super envious I am not where you are, in terms of skill level and speed of editing

let me know when you are super sure that you won't be making changes to anything that will affect future LPs, I will start the process then
(09-20-2021, 12:47 AM)samsepi0l Wrote: [ -> ]super envious I am not where you are, in terms of skill level and speed of editing

let me know when you are super sure that you won't be making changes to anything that will affect future LPs, I will start the process then
It is almost there if you don't mind giving it a shot without skid marks! And your skill will surely increase with experience.

Today I built the polys for the La Quinta hotel. Probably the most complex building I will have in this track! This required using a spreadsheet to set up - 52 points/28 polys - and that's after ignoring all the surfaces in the back that won't be seen. I guess this could've been done in some CAD software very quickly, but I don't know how to use any such software, so it was a bit of a manual coding exercise for me.

Normally I wouldn't go through this trouble, but this needed to look good close up!!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1894]
(09-18-2021, 06:16 PM)checkpoint10 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-18-2021, 05:55 PM)Pavel 69 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow!!! I can't believe this is possible in ICR2! Grin3 Great discover!

If genearl idea is working inside the game then we will right way where to place this additional DYNO to have right drawing order.

But now I'm thinking about GrandPrix Legends. If it's possble here then it should be possible in GPL too....
This is such a specialized technique, I wonder how many tracks would benefit. Maybe AVUS??

Other places to try... maybe the part at Cleveland where the track meets itself on the other side. Or Long Beach.

I struggled a bit to draw a track beneath the cars on the other side. But I am sure there is a way to do it, probably related to how Dennis is doing it for his track. So far, if I put the new DYNO before the left wall, it'll draw the car behind the left wall which works great. After that, I tried copying a LO track section and inserting that in the track section with the extra DYNO, but I had some problems with bleed through and also the track covering up the cars, which I didn't have enough time to solve.

Sorry for the late answer, but I was out of order in the last 2 weeks. I'm still recovering from a stroke, so I have still difficulties with reading and eyesight generally.

Did you try it, as I described in my post here https://www.icr2.net/forum/showthread.ph...2#pid10232
You have to change the drawing order of the track section, if you import it as TSO.
I didn't make more experiments with that case (TSO track sections on the other side of the track), because I didn't expect any problems, so I focused on the case, where the TSO track section joins the last visible track section.
Oh, Dennis... Hope everything will be alright. Speed recovery.
(09-21-2021, 04:39 PM)Dennis Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the late answer, but I was out of order in the last 2 weeks. I'm still recovering from a stroke, so I have still difficulties with reading and eyesight generally.
Oh my goodness, please focus on your health and I wish you a full recovery!
Thanks, I hope, it will be everything fine in a few weeks, but I will know it only, if the time has come.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29