Forums

Full Version: Nashville Street Circuit (WIP thread)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
(09-17-2021, 01:24 AM)samsepi0l Wrote: [ -> ]I agree you already have so much that we are pushing icr2 way beyond the detail level we ever had...
Thanks. I'd be happy just to get this one to the level of Pavel's tracks which I think set the benchmark.
(07-29-2021, 04:09 PM)checkpoint10 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. I'd be happy just to get this one to the level of Pavel's tracks which I think set the benchmark.

I think we have... (let's motivate him to come out of retirement!)
(09-17-2021, 02:07 AM)samsepi0l Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-29-2021, 04:09 PM)checkpoint10 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. I'd be happy just to get this one to the level of Pavel's tracks which I think set the benchmark.

I think we have... (let's motivate him to come out of retirement!)

Devilish
Just a video today. If you don't want to watch the whole lap again, the updates are on the straightaway heading to the bridge, and the twisty part.

Nice looking bridge section Smiley

And I'm motivated already. And because of new tools I'm working on fixing my old icr2 creations now Wink2
(09-17-2021, 04:06 PM)checkpoint10 Wrote: [ -> ]Just a video today. If you don't want to watch the whole lap again, the updates are on the straightaway heading to the bridge, and the twisty part.

sweet jesus it looks so busy, like almost claustrophobic with surroundings... I like that! It gives a real feeling of speed when everything is moving past you.

I wonder what the papyrus guys would think...
They would probably think, this isn't possible.

Also, the fun part is that while watching the onboards from Indycar I thought, nah, but with it in ICR2 it's growing on me.
Also, as I do more often, I send this Youtube videos to Foxman who got us the tools. The one word I would described his reaction is astonished.
Glad you all enjoy the progress so far. Wolf_pd, please thank Foxman for me for getting us these tools.

So today I had a crazy thought. If DYNO represents the cars at whatever DLONG and DLAT, and I want to be able to see cars coming at me from the other side of the bridge...

Edit: After a few more experiments, I found that the best way to achieve this effect is to put DYNO in the LIST right before the left side wall fence poles. This way the cars don't bleed through the left side walls. In the video above, I had DYNO at the end of the track section, with the normal DYNO. I did also try to put it in the left side TSOs LIST after the TOPO and ObjectList but for some reason that did not work at all.
Wow!!! I can't believe this is possible in ICR2! Grin3 Great discover!

If genearl idea is working inside the game then we will find right way where to place this additional DYNO to have right drawing order.

But now I'm thinking about GrandPrix Legends. If it's possble here then it should be possible in GPL too....
(09-18-2021, 05:55 PM)Pavel 69 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow!!! I can't believe this is possible in ICR2! Grin3 Great discover!

If genearl idea is working inside the game then we will right way where to place this additional DYNO to have right drawing order.

But now I'm thinking about GrandPrix Legends. If it's possble here then it should be possible in GPL too....
This is such a specialized technique, I wonder how many tracks would benefit. Maybe AVUS??

Other places to try... maybe the part at Cleveland where the track meets itself on the other side. Or Long Beach.

I struggled a bit to draw a track beneath the cars on the other side. But I am sure there is a way to do it, probably related to how Dennis is doing it for his track. So far, if I put the new DYNO before the left wall, it'll draw the car behind the left wall which works great. After that, I tried copying a LO track section and inserting that in the track section with the extra DYNO, but I had some problems with bleed through and also the track covering up the cars, which I didn't have enough time to solve.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25