Forums

Full Version: Nashville Street Circuit (WIP thread)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
(09-13-2021, 04:09 PM)Pavel 69 Wrote: [ -> ]Also I compared real onbords with track in game and chicane near pit lane looks faster in real life than in game. I feel it need to be wider.
I just measured the chicane by matching the aerial video with Google Earth and I think I need to widen the chicane by 10 ft, which I will do by pulling the first wall back 10 ft. I am pretty confident my tire wall is where it's supposed to be. If you'll bear with me for the continual updates, I will process this change and rebuild the track tonight.
For sure, try to make this change.
The daily update continues for now. Today includes a bigger effort to fix view distance on faraway objects, added traffic lights to Turn 4/8, and perhaps most critically, widening the chicane to 50 feet. AI still doesn't work - please keep playing in preseason mode.

I am going to keep the source files in my Google Drive folder, linked here. The playable version is attached to this post.
(09-14-2021, 03:58 PM)checkpoint10 Wrote: [ -> ]The daily update continues for now. Today includes a bigger effort to fix view distance on faraway objects, added traffic lights to Turn 4/8, and perhaps most critically, widening the chicane to 50 feet. AI still doesn't work - please keep playing in preseason mode. 

I am going to keep the source files in my Google Drive folder, linked here. The playable version is attached to this post.

Thumbsup

If I may do a suggestion, there are a few points where you can still look alongside the track and look into a big empty, like at the start of the bridge driving upwards and at the back end in the twisty bit. If it is possible to place a subtle object to improve that, that would be nice. But, this is a suggestion, not a must. Also, nice stadium, that's a new standard and I wish I knew how to do that when I was working on St Peters, 17 years ago  Happy
(09-14-2021, 11:57 PM)Wolf_pd Wrote: [ -> ]If I may do a suggestion, there are a few points where you can still look alongside the track and look into a big empty, like at the start of the bridge driving upwards and at the back end in the twisty bit. If it is possible to place a subtle object to improve that, that would be nice. But, this is a suggestion, not a must. Also, nice stadium, that's a new standard and I wish I knew how to do that when I was working on St Peters, 17 years ago  Happy
Yes, that is in the plan. For the section heading towards the bridge, there will be some tall light poles, a TV crane (I think) and trees, and I think on the bridge there is a long red/yellow/blue banner. In the twisty section, there are billboards along the track and traffic signals that I have not placed yet.

When I get to the trees, I'd like to pay particular attention to them because the default ICR2 trees are rather ugly and solid-looking and I've seen on Pavel's tracks much more beautiful trees. Pavel, do you have any trees that you would be willing for me to use on this track?
I wonder if the nashville police will arrest me if I steal some of the traffic lights and relocate them to miami....
Oh, trees are hard to get right Smiley Trees from stock tracks are too cartonish, I agree. Yoo can try using trees from my Houston, Portland, Mid-Ohio tracks. Also some good trees are at my Laguna tarcks, but I don't think they will suit for city scenery.
Today's focus was on billboards. We have some here going up the hill, this one's for Wolf_pd who suggested I make the hill more interesting. Eventually this place will look even more lively because there are suites at the top of the hill and trees. Also there are power poles with multiple wires, I would love to figure out a way to make those.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1888]

Here's the corner before that, all "Firestone". In search of realism, I measured the size of the billboards (they're more like banners that are hung onto the fence) and noted they are 16x2 meters.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1889]
I'd say don't worry about the power poles. The catch fencing and traffic lights are already another level of fine detail beyond what we've ever had; I'm not sure more thin dark horizontal and vertical lines would add much to the player experience. That's just my opinion though.
(07-29-2021, 04:09 PM)checkpoint10 Wrote: [ -> ].....don't worry about the power poles. The catch fencing and traffic lights are already another level of fine detail beyond what we've ever had.........

I agree you already have so much that we are pushing icr2 way beyond the detail level we ever had...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29